What ever happened to Jill Pizzoti?

SLUlaw83

That's interesting. One year all her starters had stress fractures and some blamed their shoes and some the floor in the gym. Good to see she is out of coaching. I assume that her contract has a clause that she is credited on any pay from another coaching job. Between Jill and Doug Woodhead women's sports at SLU were at an all time low.

She is the Nike Rep for all the Division 1 schools for women's basketball. She was a terrible coach, treated her assistants like sh$t!! I heard some weird stories about her and how she treated some of her assistants. One was she made her senior manager statrt her showers for her after practice and get the oil changed in her car. I was amazed by that. SHE WAS REALLY BAD coach. Thank god she is gone.

Jill actually got the last laugh. She is making over 6 figures with Nike and she got the large buyout from her contract at SLU. The only reason she was there for so long is that her and Lori were real tight. If Lori likes you, you tend to have a real long leash no matter what you do on the court. Thank God CL put a stop to that.

After reading these posts I thought I would add some comments. Pizzoti lived close to me and I got to know her on a personal basis because I saw her on a regular basis when walking my dog. What was interesting was that when I saw her around the neighborhood she was always very cordial and pleasant. If I saw her at any SLU event her attitude was don't bother me because you cannot do anything for me in this situation.

I thought the comment of Billsboys about Lori Flannagan being a protector of Pizotti was interesting in that Lori does not have any responsibility for women's basketball according to her bio on the university website. Apparently that program is directly under the supervision of the A.D. As a sidenote to this I know personally that Pizotti personally blamed Flannigan for her firing and quit talking to her before she left.

Finally on an unrelated note to the Pizotti situation, I just heard on the news that a Nike corporate jet has a nose gear problem and is flying around the airport near Portland using all fuel before it attempts to land.

Actually, Jill was under Lori's watch while she was coaching here at SLU. Jill reported to her on all of the programs issues. Jill did have a falling out with Lori because when the AD search was going on Jill was on the hiring committee and Lori wanted the AD job. She was not even granted an interview. Lori got real pissed at the people on the committee including Jill. That pretty much ended that relationship.

Jill thought she was big time. She said SLU did her wrong and she was totally shocked that she got canned. That is how stupid she was. SHe had allthe tools to recruit and the budget just like the men, but did not know anything about what it takes to be a coach, Yeah, she knew her x's and o's but none of her players respected her, and a lot of her assistants could not stand her. She treated them like ###### to be honest, she thought she was big time, but thank god she is out of coaching

... really got some axes to grind to engage in character assasination heretofore never seen on the Billiken Board. Good thing there are no consequences to face with aliases to hide behind.

I suspect that mine will be the next character ship cast upon the rocks.

Taj, I was thinking the same thing. Although, Steve I think you should change that snippyness thing on the home page. It may turn someone off that is new to the board. Let's at least let people be turned off once they actually start reading and posting :-)

The lack of consequences is inherent on internet posting. I always enjoy meeting the people behind the screen names just to see if their true personality mirrors their online personality. The same goes for people calling into radio talk shows. There's always an element of boldness I find that's not often mirrored in real life. Fortunately, the few I have met in real life on this board were good people and their online personalities have mirrored that.

...Tom. You even sign your posts and you and I know each other from tournament time. Besides, I thought your comments were fair and rationale .. had to be credible if you're willing to post and sign your name to stand behind it.

Slulaw83 has no profile. OrlandoStewart has no profile. Billsboys has no profile. And who can tell if billikenman's name is real or not. It's like VTIME saying on his profile that he's Leon Powell.

Its just as irresponsible as the torn ACL posts made below on Tommie. I apologize if I ever gave you the impression I was bashing you.

Go back and look at my posts on this subject. My posts were FACT!!!! Don't accuse me of anything but stating facts. I am so sick of some of you on this board that make blind statements and blame me for posts. If you are going to direct anything with nmy name on it be specific but don't lump me in with other people. Please be specific where I was to hard or unfair to Jill. Good luck because you won't find it.

i never made any suggestions to brad. and if i had, i wouldnt have suggested a four guard lineup. so i guess the answer would be no all the way around.

other than making a couple of recruiting suggestions the last couple of years, i never made any suggestions to jill either. by the looks of the remaining roster, if not me, she should have listened to someone.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. All we have is your typed words, which say this:

"Jill got the last laugh." -- You have photogrpahic evidence on this I assume.

"She's (Jill) making over six figures." -- Pay stub please.

"She (Jill) got a large buyout from her contract at SLU." -- again documentation but I don't think this blemish on her record is making her happy all that much if she wants to coach again. Of course, most all coaches can look forward to getting fired.

"The only reason she was there so long is that her and Lori were real tight." -- fact, opinion, or anatomical probe? (My bad, couldn't resist!)

Thank god CL put a stop to that." -- Given Jill's record, which spoke for itself, coupled with the fact that usually new ADs engage in some form of house cleaning, the shoe dropping doesn't seem like a far-fetched idea. But fact, thanking god has very little to do with fact. More faith, but not fact.

"Jill reported to her (Lori) on all of the program issues." -- So you have two blind captains steering the ship? I can see that in her role as senior associate AD and the fact that she and Jill were same sex but seeing Trich's response and knowing his experience in the Department and with the school, just because you say so doesn't make it a fact. But as noted by Trich, nothing on her bio says a thing about women's basketball. Doing this gratis, I presume?

"Jill did have a falling out with Lori because ... Jill was on the committee ...Lori wanted job ... that pretty much ended the relationship." -- Interpretation. There is nothing factual about any of this because its pure speculation unless affirmed and there is no way to affirm it.

Then you ask if you were hard or unfair to Jill. Frankly, I don't really care one way or the other but there's no substantiation of what you call "facts" other than what's floating around in your imagination as far as I can tell. You have no sources. No credible affiliations. No known identification. Hard or fair? You were neither ... you're a rumnor-monger hiding in cyberspace.

Didn't mommy ever tell you "if you can't say something nice say nothing at all?"

Sure, I believe you. You've sold me.