It's that time of year again...DUMP GUY PHILLIPS

kevinfootes

How many more years will we have to listen to his nonsense? The man has no talent, no knowledge of the game, and is unprofessional with his studpid, morning-drive humor. People complain about the makeup of SLU crowds being old, boring people and not enough students. Maybe they should dump the guy from the old, boring, adult-garbage music station and find somebody who is either more professional or more appealing to a younger crowd.

Why not John Ulett? Why not one of the sports station guys? Why not somebody from off the streets?

i would suggest finding a dj at one of the younger target radio stations that might actually know a little about basketball. maybe that gets the kids fired up.

guy would have fit that description (assuming he forgot something about basketball since) about 30 years ago. now i doubt anyone under 40 much listens to ky98.

i am not sure how much ulett knows about basketball, but he is such a pro he would probably make the effort to learn what he had to.

i havent been listening to jc as much lately. when he gets on his democrat roll, i turn him off. and lately that has been a lot.

Hey, I'll be more than happy to be the PA guy at Bills games. Would anyone write me a letter of recommendation? Afterall, I am looking for a job in goold ol' Stl and I love the Billikens! ;)

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I just graduated two years ago and I think Guy is hilarious. His comments crack me up. Many of my "younger" friends enjoy him as well. We need a more exciting (win some games!!) team to bring in the students, not a more exciting announcer. Btw, my favorite Guy comments come when he is announcing the elementary school games at halftime. Good stuff.

p.s. The word is that the band is slimming back in membership this year.