AWAY: DUQUENSE, LASALLE..............6 W'S

TOSS UPS: HOME: SIU, DAY, XU, TEM, ST.JOES

AWAY: URI, RICHMOND.....................3 W'S 4L'S

SHOULD LOSE: AWAY: HAWAII, UWM, OAK, OL MISS................4L'S

DEFINITE UNDERDOGS: HOME; GZ AND IA.........................2L'S

AWAY: UNC, CHARLOTTE, DAY, XU, GW...... 5L'S

MOST LIKELY; 12 W'S 15 L'S.....

HEY IT'S AN IMPROVEMENT.

I'm going on the A-10 preview for Fordham and UMass. They were rated in the middle of the pack like us (granted we were lower)but that far into the season, ie conference games mid Jan to Feb, I'm hoping our young guys have learned alot and if there is as much talent as we think we have with TL and KL we should be favored to win. As for the tossups, hopefully we can pull off 3 out of 7 those games somehow the home ones at least. I'm not under rating any team against us....I think we're in for a difficult journey this year but am expecting continuous improvement each game so that maybe a few upsets will come about. Who knows the UNC game could even be a close one....they lost their entire 7 man rotation and will likely start two frosh and maybe three...granted 3 Mc Donald All Americans...but frosh none the less.

Kennesaw St. did not play Savannah St. last year. Thanks for playing, we have Rice-A-Roni as a lovely parting gift.

Kennesaw St. was a D-II champs in 2004, successful D-II last year and ranked (not top 10) but lost in their conference torunament AND the NCAA tourney 1st round to Columbus St. They beat SLU exhibition foe Maryville by 17.

It really does not matter how good they are as the game will likely not count as a real D-1 foe. If they are actually a good squad this upcoming year it makes scheduling them even more perplexing.

Hey I feel good ... at least I never was awarded the kywjibo "Rice-a-Roni" parting gift after any of my comments! In a reverse-osmosis kindof thing, I feel good never to have needed to offer and acceptance speech for such an honor.

"Moving up" to division 1 is a long process and designed to help the school transition to meet all D-1 requirements. This is KSU Owls first year of provisional status to be included as a full member in 2009. Each year things move up and change but provisional members cannot play in the NCAA tournament (last year there were about 10 teams that were D-1 provisional that even if they went 29-0 would not have been in the tourney).

I do not know of ANY first year provisional member that had their games count in RPI (last year N. Dakota St. and S. Dakota St. were first year provisional and their D-1 games did not count in RPI but this year they will). I think there is room to make an exception but I do not know any reason why KSU would be different.