PERSONAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY STEVE

For those that you don't know, there have been a series of explosions on London's Public Transportation. 3 Explosions on Busses and 3 Explosions on the Tube.

I just got to Parliament. I had to walk. I was somewhat lucky. I made a wrong turn in finding a Dry Cleaners, and it delayed me some. If I didn't make the turn, I probably would have been on the Tube The Tube Closed due to "power surges" on the line. However, it is now known that there were 3 explosions on the tube. The bus stops were packed. So I walked to work. There have also been 3 Explosions on Busses. I do not know where the explosions were at this point. I must say it is much more chilling to be in the city of a Terrorist (unconfirmed) attack than just witnessing 9/11. Hearing the sirens and seeing the security all around you really gets you.

Many of my Family and Friends check this board, and I just happened to leave my Phone Card at home today. I am fine. At Parliament there is hightened security. They have advised us to stay where we are, so I will until I hear otherwise. I have phoned my parents. However, I am posting this since many of my friends and family may know to check here for information about me.

Sadly there have been some fatalities this morning. Please have these people's families in your prayers.

If family or friends wishes to contact me please call one of the following numbers:

To Call a UK Number from the US dial 01144 prior to the following numbers.

Parliamentary Office: 2072193592 you may have to dial 02072193592

My Mobile Phone: 7944225167 you may have to dial 07944225167

I warn that the phone networks are extremely busy so it may be difficult to get through.

Hopefully this information has been helpful,

Steve

Steve,

I am very happy to hear that you are alright. It was on CNN first thing this morning as my wife worked today and she turns the news on right away to see how the futures are doing. I guess it is just a coincidence that this happened one day after London secured the 2012 Olympics. Take care of yourself today. My company does tons of business over in the UK and I had several calls to make over to companies we do big business with...that surely won't happen today.

steve as i watched fox news this morning and saw the pictures and commentary, you were the first person i thought of. thank you for the update and thank god you are ok.

The US News was really slow at picking up the story. I was checking the US Sites when it was happening, and many didn't even have the story. Some just had it as a side story.

This is what I am sending some friends and family until I can write more later. Thought some of you may be interested:

This is a generic e-mail that I am sending out to people since my inbox is starting to flood with concerned friends and family. I will send out another e-mail tonight with further information if necessary to everyone that e-mailed me. I apologize for the impersonal nature of this message/reply. However, it is the best way that I see to get information out to those concerned.

First, I am fine. Admitedly, a little shaken but fine. This morning I left my dorm at about 8:45. I was going to drop off some dry cleaning, and the one I went to wasn’t open yet. I went to go find another. I passed the Sloane Square Tube station, and it was still open and running. I followed a man’s directions to find a dry cleaners, but I made a wrong turn. I found it finally, dropped off my clothes, and went back towards the Sloane Square station. When I got there, they had just closed the station, and it was posted that they were “power surges” at three stations. I then proceeded to the closest bus stop, which was packed with people down the street. While waiting there, a nearby woman received a text on her mobile phone that there were explosions. I originally interpreted this news as being a result of the power surges.

I figured I was never going to get on the bus I needed, so I proceeded to walk to work. On the way, there were many police cars and emergency vehicles. There was one helicopter that was hovering near the Trafalgar Square area. During my walk, I saw a crowd around an office building. People had gathered to watch a television through the window. We couldn’t hear the news, but people were starting to grasp the situation more. I continued my walk, and when I got to Parliament I saw many busses starting to be shut down. This was roughly at 10:15 this morning.

Once at Parliament, my pass would not get me in normally, and I had to go through security where it was very similar to airport security with the addition of a frisking search. I got in Parliament, and there were noticibly less Non-Pass Holders (Visitors) than normal. I got up to the office, and I turned on the news (My MP is not in today). As soon as I learned more about the incidents, I went down to a pay phone to call my parents. Today of all days, I left my phone card at home. I called them (and woke them) and informed them that there had been explosions in London and I am fine. I then went back up to the office, and pretty much was glued to the TV for the next couple of hours.

During these hours, my MP’s secretary, Jeanne, called to make sure I was alright, which was very nice of her to do. I have also been in communication with my family. My sister and her boyfriend are visiting tomorrow and working out logistics has just gotten more difficult.

As the for the situation. The news over here is that there were 7 explosions (on 7/7 I have noticed). 6 in the Tube, 1 on a Double Decker Bus. The top of the bus is pretty much gone. There have been over 150 injuries and 12 fatalities so far reported. The area in which the explosions took place were north east of where I am now. It is even further north east from where my dorm is.

The Tube is currently closed and they advise that no one try to travel about central London, which is where I am now and where I live. I must note that it is much more chilling to be in the city of a Terrorist attack. The security, the sirens, and the scared faces. This is much more dramatic than watching 9/11 take place on a television screen.

I haven’t gotten any work done today, and I have been here for about 4 and a half hours. I have plenty to do today. Jeanne said not to worry, but we will see what I can get done since Christopher has a debate on Monday he needs prepping for.

I apologize for the lack personal touch in this e-mail, but I just know you want to be informed and this is the easiest way to do it for now.

Thank you for your concern and thoughts. Please send your prayers to those who were victims of these terrorist acts.

Steve