Non Conference Schedule Next Year.

STLfan

Moving to the A10 we are going to be playing in a weaker conference than what we are used to. In order to make up for this are we going to play a tougher out of conference schedule?

This past year are non con was as follows.

Austin Peay (neutral)

Eastern Michigan (neutral)

Troy (neutral)

Oral Roberts

Hawaii

Wisconsin-Milwaukee

@Gonzaga

Oakland

Dayton

@Southern Illinois

Southeast Mo. State

@Iowa

IPFW

Which teams are we playing again next year? And what other teams have people heard might be added?

Well I don't really have any inside info on who we play next year, but we will be playing Dayton twice since they're also in the A-10. That's a free non-conference spot to fill. Hopefully it can be against a good opponent. I've heard that we're heading over to Hawaii next year from other posts. Same goes for Gonzaga. I read on the board they're coming to SLU next year. I would assume Iowa is coming here next year as well. I've also heard we won't play SMS and SIU in the same year, so we might not play Carbondale next year and play SMS (soon to be Missouri State) instead. As far as the other teams, I really have no idea if we'll play them or not. I'm sure someone else can give a better response, but I hope that at least helps a little.

P.S. I saw Cheryl Levick interviewed a few months ago and she said she was talking to Mike Alden about renewing the SLU/MU series, but chances are that won't happen next year. I hope it does though!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

because SLU really only wants to schedule good teams for one for ones (and rightfully so) no good team will want to play us in a 1 for 1 because 1) they feel our RPI is too low 2) the game won't be on ESPN 3)adding SLU to your non-conference schedule won't get the alumni excited.

The best way to get good teams to play you in 1 for 1 deals is to win and win a lot. Then the BCS teams can't ignore you.

I think the clearer observation is the mediocre team that gets and maintains a national ranking, rather than mid to high mid major.

Xavier's schedule 2 years ago was terrible: Coppin St., Mercer, Oakland, Miami (Oh), LA Lafayette, Elon, Morehead St. When you couple those seven with the bottom of the A10, RPI is going to suffer.