a little help please, SLU sport know-it-alls

gruehls

Collinsville is my lovely wife's home town...back in the days when they ruled the roost in Illinois HS basketball under the leadership of their legendary HC Virgil Fletcher. When Shari attended Collinsville HS they won the state tourney 2 of her 4 years. I don't think they have won a state championship since Virgil retired...how the once mighty have fallen. I can remember back in the day that KMOX even went over to C-Ville to broadcast a game or two when they would play a highly ranked team from Missouri.

Anyway Collinsville is what maybe 15 minutes east of downtown just take the Poplar Street Bridge.

East of St. Louis with exits off both I-64 and I-70. Can see the Arch off of I-70 at the Collinsville exit. Believe the next town east of there is the slum district ... called Belleville. The ash and trash of the area live there .... believe Mr. Billiken Roy calls belleville home. Enough said? Bring guns. Lock doors. Do not fall for the answer "the lovely Anita" when there's a knock at your door and you say "who is it?"

gruehls, collinsville is really just a suburb of st louis on the illinois side. as schasz said below, it is about a 15 minute ride from collinsville to downtown st louis on highway 70. i dont know which way you will be coming from cincy, but if you come 64, take the 255 north exit. take 255 north for just a few miles and you will see highway 70. then take 70 east for just a few seconds to the 159 exit. that is collinsville.

if you come in on 70 via indy, you will come right to 70. i dont know where you are going in collinsville, but if you let me know i can help you with additional directions.

porter's restaurant there in collinsville has a pretty good steak.

thanks for the info guys. my son's team (a fine jesuit institution called "st. xavier high school") is playing in a baseball tourney sponsored, apparently, by the slu referenced by bill above. the school had reserved some rooms at a hotel in collinsville.

since we're gonna try to get there i have just one question: taj, what caliber of weaponry would you most recommend?

..do I owe you something? If so, e mail me your address. And as for weapons required in Collinsville, I think that thirty ought six automatic hanging on the rack in your pickup truck would do the trick. Hey, by the way, go Bearcats....I'm figuring Huggy's due for another one and done trip. But if by some miracle he pulls it off, you get KY (stop panting Gruehlsy, I meant the school, not the jelly)and won't that make all you river rats quiver like a girl scout who just sold her first box of cookies. Let's see what would be the classic bet between a UC fan and a UK fan....the UK fan would put up a gift certificate from Chico's All night Bail Bonds against a UC fan putting up a set of full dentures or possibly Xavier Hollander's guide to safe incest.

however, unless you are looking for 5 star quality, collinsville at the intersection of 157 and I-70 has most of the chain hotel/motels and is very convienent to st louis. plus, i would guess a few dollars cheaper than anywhere across the river since the missouri hotels are paying for the eddydome and part of the new busch stadium with some of the added taxes.

... I stand corrected ... its not all of this Belleville burg that is the problem, it seems to be only one family ... miller, muler, muller, mueller, something like ... a very simple MRLS would probably do the trick ... that is Multiple Rocket Launch System .... I can't load it for you as all my bullets are chemically-enhanced and the devestation caused would take out many innocents.

Gruehls, in addition to the potentially hostile local citizenry, Collinsville is generally known as one of the most dangerous speed traps in the Midwest. Keep that speedometer close to the limit at all times. Of course, you still may run afoul of the law if you match a certain profile....

>..do I owe you something? If so, e mail me your address. And

>as for weapons required in Collinsville, I think that thirty

>ought six automatic hanging on the rack in your pickup truck

>would do the trick. Hey, by the way, go Bearcats....I'm

>figuring Huggy's due for another one and done trip. But if

>by some miracle he pulls it off, you get KY (stop panting

>Gruehlsy, I meant the school, not the jelly)and won't that

>make all you river rats quiver like a girl scout who just

>sold her first box of cookies. Let's see what would be the

>classic bet between a UC fan and a UK fan....the UK fan

>would put up a gift certificate from Chico's All night Bail

>Bonds against a UC fan putting up a set of full dentures or

>possibly Xavier Hollander's guide to safe incest.

no way i'm giving you my address; when we facillitate the BigBlew's return to the backwoods, you'll come a callin looking for that full set of dentures i'm gonna win.

>... I stand corrected ... its not all of this Belleville

>burg that is the problem, it seems to be only one family ...

>miller, muler, muller, mueller, something like ... a very

>simple MRLS would probably do the trick ... that is Multiple

>Rocket Launch System .... I can't load it for you as all my

>bullets are chemically-enhanced and the devestation caused

>would take out many innocents.

yes, rumor of the infamous "mueller" clan has even reached this far. i will do all within my power to steer clear of all areas he/they have been known to frequent.

>Gruehls, in addition to the potentially hostile local

>citizenry, Collinsville is generally known as one of the

>most dangerous speed traps in the Midwest. Keep that

>speedometer close to the limit at all times. Of course, you

>still may run afoul of the law if you match a certain

>profile....

thnx for the tip, t. i'll keep the anti-speedtrap equipment well tuned and in fine function.

if the referenced profile is "dwb," they'll need another reason to pull me over.

cheesy, i am not familiar with the "AYF Compact team" concept, but i don't think the St. X Bombers baseball team has any affiliation with AYF.