what's the biggest

bills16

You know, funny, how I got scolded a while back for asking the same thing. And thank you for the continuing band support, we know how hard a season this has been, so we try to make the most out of the game's experience and try to put on a hell of a show EVERY home game. So actually, I would like to extend a thank you on behalf of the band (and our director would agree) for the amount of support and praise all of the posters on this board and the fans at the games have shown for us. You guys are a large part of what keeps us going.

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

The band has definitely kicked (butt) this year, as we've come to expect.

I hate to ask more of the band than it already gives, but maybe a way of generating more support would be to ask each student band member to bring a non-band friend or two to the next home game.

I know a lot of you hate mizzou but slu should consider doing something they do. When you buy your text books for each semester you can take the recipt that you get to a desk and they give you a rebate certifacate for 5% of what you paid for in books good only at the school store. So if you spent $500 in books you get a rebate of $25. Also at least durring football season (I'm not sure about basketball season) the day before a game all mizzou apparel is 25% off. If you have ever walked around mizzou's campus alot of students wear mizzou gear.

I can pass that along, however, many of us already bring one, two, even three or four people per game. We definitely use the comp ticket list quite a bit, but I can still pass it along.

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

Agreed, was just there visiting my girlfriend this past weekend. Lots of gold and black around there. Good idea, hopefully marketing is listening.

Blues Brothers

if you walk around most schools the kids are wearing school gear with the right colors. i visited cincy's bookstore a couple of times while in cincy for the tourney and nothing is off colors. it is all red and black.

Roy boy, it's about time you came around and realized the Red Tape that Biondi and Levick have so disgracfully wrapped around our campus. As a student, ok, great, a degree from SLU is saying something, but for Christ (or St. Ignatius') sake, how can the Gonzagas, BCs, G-towns, Marquettes of the world do it and we cant? What is the major malfunction of this University? I am sick and tired of not knowing what our operating expenses or even a fiscal report being issued by the AD. Hey! Cheryl Levick gave a student a high-five at the Charlotte game! Ten dollars that student didn't distinguish her from another middle-aged mom in the crowd. As a senior, I pray for the day I can come back to SLU and watch my teams compete. But as far as athletics go, we're going backwards while everyone else is in the fast lane. I blame it on budget, lack of school spirit and a marketing department who couldn't pitch a warm meal to a homeless guy. Pathetic.

Okay,I get another chance to openly itch about the whole crappy tv deal we have.I HATE HATE HATE the Charter Deal.Since Fox-Midwest is based in St.louis WHY aren`t the Bills on FMW????

I hate to think that the Romar years were our salad days in terms of tv coverage,I mean almost EVERY away game was on,and could be seen nationally,but that was then.

This year has been bearable because,I have been able to see 2 games,@Iowa and Depaul.I thought the Bills played well both nights.

Willie, what else happened at the meeting? Anything exciting?

I don't mind the Charter deal. But that's because I get charter. It does limit the viewing audience. They should also stop televising so many home games. If people can't say, "Oh, I'll just stay home and watch it." then they might come out to the games.