Hey Roy, did IV play well enough today?

SLU_Nick

The whole row of fans behind me were from Marquette. They were obsessed with Ian. They implied that he was as big and tough as any center they have seen this year. I can't remember Marquette scoring a single point in the paint off of Ian. Man did Ian battle for position today.

IV played his rear-end off today. He worked constantly to get himself open in the paint on offense. He should touch the ball almost every possession. IO had several opportunities to get the ball to IV and didn't. IV also played hard on defense. Overall a great effort.

0 offensive rebounds and at least 4 fumbled passes. he also couldnt convert once on the times he was fouled going up for an inside basket.

as i have said on many occasions, he is adequate. but i am not using good and great in describing ian vouyoukas.

considering marquette's "inside game" greatly resembles ours, i can see where marquette fans would like him.

at one time in the game out of 48 marquette points, the inside players had a combined 4 points for marquette. i would hope ian could keep up with that.

i will agree he is better than heinrich. i would take the senior brown over today's ian if it was a known that ian was not going to get any better than he is now. i.e. ian is not better than brown right now. he is slow motion compared to kenny brown as a senior. as i said above, marquette's inside game was no better than ours.

actually my wife detests him on the floor more than me. i find myself defending him to her quite often actually.