KMOX the sports voice of .......what?

Clicked on KMOX.com to see what they, who carry Bills' games during the season, had to say about the game Friday night. On all the other sports headlines on their sports page, there was a nice summary article. The stories included rams, blues, cardinals. The basketball article for the Bills included......only the final score. Nothing else...nada.

The PD has improved its coverage for the Bills. When is KMOX going to get with it?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of John Duff

Brad Soderberg was just on Sports on a Sunday Morning with Ron Jacober. Ron asked when SLU's starting point guard, Reggie Bryant, would be back in the lineup.

I don't think KMOX is going to make a big effort to cover SLU when they aren't even on their station yet. Maybe when they start broadcasting some games they will pay attention.

torch reported about the kmox interview with coach brad by ron jacober of kmox,

"Ron asked when SLU's starting point guard, Reggie Bryant, would be back in the lineup?"

that is sad and of course an insult to billiken fans that jacober doesnt even know what position bryant plays.

I have known Ron J. for years--he is a nice man but he is often clueless about many subjects. If you listen regularly you will hear him make many mistakes on various teams. I wonder if he ever reads anything or does any homework at all. If he just read the limited articles in the post he would know more about the Bills than he does now. It is a shame but I do not think we will ever change him. I have often thought that he has survived because he is a nice guy and he will work for a very reasonable salary.

I will never forget Jacober's interview this summer with the Meremac Coach who coached at SLU over twenty years ago. Jacober brought up SLU and made the statement that it was amazing that the resources committed to SLU basketball haven't really changed over the last twenty to thirty years. (I would have asked Jocober whether he lived under a rock somewhere.) Fortunately, the Meremac coach correctly pointed out that the situation at SLU has changed drastically for the better over the last twenty years.

I don't personally know Jacober, but I think Jacober's on air personality kind of gives off the general arrogance that KMOX gained for years as the only show in town. It's declined both in news coverage and especially in sports. It's laughable they still call themselves the sports voice of america. Whatever. I certainly don't go there first for sports news or sports discussions.