I cannot deal with this anymore....

Billiken Law

Channukkah

chutzpah

L'chaim

The transliteration of the Hebrew letter for "h" varies between h and ch in English, and the sound is a spitting "kh." So it's probably O-kha-non, but I think you'd be even more annoyed if Rammer sounded like Tevye every time he called Izik's name.

I've addressed this on this board before - shame on you for not reading all of my posts diligently. One of my sons in law works for Amdocs, which is an Israeli firm, and many of his associates here in SL are from Israel. They laugh at "our" pronunciation - as if he's Irish. The proper pronunciation is "isek" (soft i) oak-a-non, with the accent on the first syllable. Now you know...if you read my post.

Heck, most people have been mispronouncing and butchering my surname since, oh about 1st grade. I never get bent out of shape about it. My best friend gave me the nickname that I use on this website way back in our drinking buddy formative years. Back in those days at the Bills games, if memory serves me right, we were yelling at Randy Albrecht (SP?) to put Kevin King back in the game.