good points

billiken_roy

it's rock bottom baby. we looked like grade schoolers tonite imo. totally clueless, one dribble and a shot, panic galore. i have never seen anything like it. i cant believe it is the same players that were here last year.

here's a positive, i wasnt there, but i understand kevin scored 20 in the first quarter vs east st louis today in collinsville and tommie liddell was at the billiken game today smiling.

i thought of another good point.......well sorta.....gerry pollard, who is the a-hole ref that called the three touch fouls on kevin lisch at the shootout and then stood there all proud of himself for single handedly clearing the savvis at the shootout, didnt call any fouls on kevin lisch tonite.

the one time tonite semo's center was just hip checked out of bounds under their basket rignt in front of pollard and he just stood there and looked. as he ran down the floor the semo coach was just blasting him. of course then mike eurizone or whatever that little sawed off ref's name is that also has the god complex, then called a foul on semo at the other end and the semo coach was still letting pollard have it. pollard just raised his finger at him and the coach stopped. pollard was so proud of himself for his usual tremendously inconsistent job he did tonite and his ability to just control the game.

well that is about all i had to do tonite was watch the refs. i couldnt bear to watch the billikens.

Two of the refs were in their own worlds tonite. The conference with IV and the SEMO got me out of my seat. If I had soemthing to throw I would have went for his head.

I thought that was Liddell. You know the thoughts going in his head, 40 minutes a game, 40 minutes a game.......

On behalf of the band, thank you. Hey, somebody at the game has to make up for the stentch coming from the floor. God, that was awful. I think I'd rather see our bench players start the next game, they at least made the last couple of minutes somewhat exciting. I'm up in arms about this team....I mean, come on, we lose to SEMO......SEMO!!!! Anyone have an answer, 'cuz I'm ALL out!

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

P.S.: I thought tonight's game was one of THE most ATTROCIOUS called games I've ever seen.......I mean, we couldn't even BUY a foul if we wanted to.

Please let the New Year's resolutions for the team be to get better. I can't take it any longer!

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

This game was the worst game I've ever seen ... We didn't even want to win ... we were outhustled all day, at one point I was pleading for Brad to just forfeit the game so we could all go home.

It also looked early like we were going to feed the ball inside to Tom ... 2 touches in the 1st 5 minutes ... and then he gets hurt.

Could Brad not see that IV could not check #4. He was only about 6'7". Why wasn't VN on him. JJ did a little better job but twice the guy just stood there and relaxed lulling JJ to sleep and then cut across the lane for an easy pass and bucket.

How does 33 ever get a shot off ... with all seriousness ... I don't have to lose any weight to check him ... I just have to care enough to hustle.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

hey speaking on behalf of the band, last year there was a game where the one guy that plays drums occasionally sang "vehicle" while you guys played. i really liked that and wonder why you havent tried it again and more?

also, i miss the "hey baby's" badly.

pollard is quickly becoming my most hated ref. i understand he is a county deputy when not stealing money being a ref. god help st louis county if the likes of this a-hole is protecting you.

I had a SEMO fan right next to me and another with nonstop yelling a couple of rows back. It's hard to get loud when you are being embarrassed and we were.

Truly I think the 1st 30 minutes were the worst college basketball I have ever seen from one team.

The SEMO fan next to me was telling me that #33 always banks his 3's from just off the top of the key. Yea right. If I was coaching I'd of had someone whack him in those wobbly legs.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

the georgia tech game here in romar's last season is my most painful memory of college basketball since spoon came to town. that said, i am thinking that i have forgotten a nick van exel beating somewhere in there that was so hard that it is blocked in my subconscience somewhere. also, dont even make me remember ekkertime.

The guy who sang Vehicle with us last year wasn't there last night. He's actually the husband of a woman who works in Media Relations for the sports teams, but also has a band of his own, which I believe they had a practice last night. I'll pass it along that you want an encore of it. And we need a reason to do the "Hey Baby"-ies. Last night was not one of those nights, as you saw. We'll bring more out at the conference games.

Thanks for the support of the band ;),

Your friend in the bone line!

Blues Brothers

but still the gt game was the absolute most painful game i have full recollection of. we at least had moments last night. not many, but a few.

Listen a little better, we actually vary up what we do. We'll count it down right one time or a couple of times in a row to get them thinking we're helping them, then we'll turn around and countdown the wrong way to mess up their offensive set. We're trying to be INVENTIVE! And have make our own fun at the same time.

Blues Brothers

Sorry to have been snippy, bad day at work. But we do try and vary everything up. The other reasoning behind counting down in synch is the fact that the other team doesn't expect the home team's crowd to be counting down correctly as opposed to trying to screw them up by counting down the wrong way. Basically right now, we're resorting to every last trick in our book to mess with the other team's head. Unfortunately it doesn't work so well when the opposing team isn't on the losing end of the game when their frustrations should be at their max, not ours.

Blues Brothers