A-10 OT: Mason has a new logo

Pretty good thread on GMU's new logos/wordmarks: 

The new shades of green and gold are a positive. There are some decent wordmarks in the second tweet in this thread and those could make for some nice uniforms with the new colors that should pop a little more. There's also the secondary 'patriot head' logo that was updated but never gets used. Maybe they'll roll that out more.

However, the primary GM logo and wordmark are weak. More modern and clean than the previous middle school MS Paint-designed logo they previously used, but boring.

20 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I’m sticking with my initial reaction- “They paid money for this?”

Not only did they pay money, but they had the logos they designed tested against large groups of people collected for this purpose. At the end of the road, the passed the finalists for the final choice by George Mason executives. What you see is their final choice,

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Pretty good thread on GMU's new logos/wordmarks: 

The new shades of green and gold are a positive. There are some decent wordmarks in the second tweet in this thread and those could make for some nice uniforms with the new colors that should pop a little more. There's also the secondary 'patriot head' logo that was updated but never gets used. Maybe they'll roll that out more.

However, the primary GM logo and wordmark are weak. More modern and clean than the previous middle school MS Paint-designed logo they previously used, but boring.

Seems a lot like:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 105753.png

56 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Not only did they pay money, but they had the logos they designed tested against large groups of people collected for this purpose. At the end of the road, the passed the finalists for the final choice by George Mason executives. What you see is their final choice,

And what a waste of time and money it was! 

3 hours ago, Matty Light said:

I don't why but the first NBC personality this logo brings to mind is Paul Reiser. Not Mad About You Paul Reiser, but My Two Dads Paul Reiser.

Whatever happened to Shelby?