SLU @ St. Joe’s Pregame

1 hour ago, HeyPorter07 said:

In Philly for the game tomorrow and just wondering if there will be a SLU pregame party anywhere? If not, can anyone recommend a good watering hole near Hagan Arena? 

Unsure of a watering hole, but make sure you stop by John's Roast Pork, skip the Italian Roast Pork sandwich and get their Cheesesteak Sandwich, it is the best I have ever had!

18 hours ago, HeyPorter07 said:

In Philly for the game tomorrow and just wondering if there will be a SLU pregame party anywhere? If not, can anyone recommend a good watering hole near Hagan Arena? 

If you're downtown; Hershel's Deli at the Reading Terminal Market has the best Reuben I've ever had. Just astounding. Much better than anything you'll see at the arena.

17 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Unsure of a watering hole, but make sure you stop by John's Roast Pork, skip the Italian Roast Pork sandwich and get their Cheesesteak Sandwich, it is the best I have ever had!

But after you’re done with the cheesesteak at John’s, head over to Tommy DiNic’s at Reading Terminal and get the roast pork sandwich for dessert. 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

The only place nearby is the Explorer's Den on West Olney west (up) from Gola.  It is however, mostly a deli.  When the alumni would meet at La Salle for a game, it was usually a catered affair in the student union. The Olney section is not a great place overall for Philly.  

OOPS ... A LITTLE TOO LATE HERE.

After the pork sandwich dessert get to Roxborough Memorial hospital for some Lipitor and order a Peloton.

Also the idea of a SLU pre game right now cracks me up.  Yeah they should have one in some of these hubs but I can't imagine they'd be well attended and the AD is in bunker mode