Midtown Madness: S3E20 Billikens Beat Saint Joseph's in Philly; Kyla McMakin's 40 Piece vs VCU; SBUnfurled Previews Bonaventure; Band Saga Continues

Podcast

Season 3 of the Midtown Madness Podcast is brought to you by Two Men and a Garden! That’s right they are fueling this podcast with not only delicious pickles, but salsas and most recently Harissa sauce. They are the real deal! Their products are delicious and more importantly local to St. Louis. You can pick up their many products at any local grocery stores or online where they ship nationwide!

💻https://twomenandagarden.com/

🐦https://twitter.com/2mensalsa

📸https://www.instagram.com/2mensalsa

On This Episode

• 2022 Year in Review
  • Men’s Basketball
    • SJU Review
    • Around the A10
    • UMass Preview
    • St. Bonaventure Preview with @SBUnfurled
    • Billiken Trivia
  • Women’s Basketball
    • Loyola and VCU Reviews
      • McMakin’s 40 point game
    • Martinez leads the nation in steals
    • Flowers leads the nation in blocks
  • Men’s Soccer
    • 2024 Forward Commits to Billikens

🐦 https://twitter.com/MidtownMadPod

📸https://www.instagram.com/midtownmadpod/

View the full article

Bumping this to give as many people a shot as possible (because not everyone sees Twitter when posted here). Answer this question correctly - or more right than anyone else - and you can win a free SLU Nike hoodie (size L, fits like an XL).

Since the program’s inception, SLU men’s basketball players have come from 38 different states. Which 12 states have never produced a Billiken men’s basketball player?

1. Answer in a reply to this thread or on the Twitter/Instagram post.
2. If there is more than one winner, we will draw a name randomly.
3. Do not list more than 12 states. The most correct out of 12 wins.
4. Continental U.S. only. We will contact the winner for shipping details.
5. One entry per person across all platforms.
6. Trivia honor code applies.
7. Yes, we are aware of how absurd this question is.
8. We mean where a player is actually from. Prep schools don’t count.

thetorch likes this

Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Delaware, Vermont, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Hawaii, Nebraska, Alaska, North Carolina 

Pistol and thetorch like this

On 1/5/2023 at 3:04 PM, billiken_roy said:

Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Delaware, Vermont, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Hawaii, Nebraska, Alaska, North Carolina 

Not bad.

The answer is: Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wyoming.

It's only 11 - I goofed and included Georgia on my initial question but we had a player from there in the 80s.

Latest NC player was K.C. Hankton. We had a guy (Roland Otto) from South Dakota in the 40s. We've had at least 3 players from Nebraska and I think Tony Manuel (1988-89) is the most recent.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Not bad.

The answer is: Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wyoming.

It's only 11 - I goofed and included Georgia on my initial question but we had a player from there in the 80s.

Latest NC player was K.C. Hankton. We had a guy (Roland Otto) from South Dakota in the 40s. We've had at least 3 players from Nebraska and I think Tony Manuel (1988-89) is the most recent.

So did I win?  😁

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

So did I win?  😁

3 hours ago, thetorch said:

Sorry Roy. I tied with another entry but lost in a runoff they had on this weeks pod.

Yeah, @thetorch and another guy had all 11 in their answers. They both had South Dakota as the extra state, although I wonder if they'd have dropped that one or another if I had asked for 11 in the first place.

45 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

he was a d-1 football prospect before he chose to focus on football, i think he was from michigan

From Michigan, prepped in Arizona.

On 1/5/2023 at 1:37 PM, Pistol said:

. Answer in a reply to this thread or on the Twitter/Instagram post.
2. If there is more than one winner, we will draw a name randomly.
3. Do not list more than 12 states. The most correct out of 12 wins.
4. Continental U.S. only. We will contact the winner for shipping details.
5. One entry per person across all platforms.
6. Trivia honor code applies.
7. Yes, we are aware of how absurd this question is.
8. We mean where a player is actually from. Prep schools don’t count.

• Prior to Saint Louis, he spent two years at Bella Vista College Preparatory School in Scottsdale, Arizona 
  • Played basketball and football at Arthur Hill High in Saginaw, Michigan, before attending Bella Vista to focus solely on basketball