Wizards/Bulls fracas

TheBand

hughes didnt play much for washington in the beginning of the pre-season, with some tendinitis in his knee. however the two games before this one were very good games and probably had he not been kicked out so early in the game would have had another good game last night as well. imo, he has shown in the boxes the last week as the best player on the team. larry is in his walk season for the wizards, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. i think larry is still only 24 or 25, so still not in his prime.

I live up in C-Town and watched it live on TV.

Luol Deng was fast breaking up the court and dribbled behind his back to avoid a defender, and as he was going up for an easy lay up ...

Hughes, who had no chance to reach Deng, pushed Kirk Hinrich underneath Deng as he was in the air.

Deng landed akwardly. It was very dangerous. It was thuggery on Hughes part. It was an NBA exhibition game. I'm not too proud of my fellow MCC alum.

Then, Kirk Hinrich got up in the face of Hughes. Hughes pushed Hinrich. Then, Brendan Haywood of the Wizards pushed Hinrich.

Chaos ensued. The refs threw out the wrong people. Hughes will get suspended though.

Hinrich started the whole ordeal by cutting in front of hughes to keep him away from getting close to deng. had he not tried that cute play, nothing would have happened. cutting off a athlete going at full speed is a good way to injure somebody. Just ask Randy Moss.

bad boyz for life

Hughes' contact with Hinrich was made to cause a foul. I dopubt he could have thought ahead so much as to guess where Deng would be and push Hinrich at that same moment to cause a collision.

The gutless play was that of Brendan Haywood. He takes a swipe at Antonio Davis and then runs away.