Billiken.com Outings

davidnark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bonwich said, "He values his job and his family over posting on the Billiken board(s)."

there is no reason he cant do both! :-) we need that strong voice of reason back on the other board to combat our liberal friends there.

Sorry, David, but I'm not a golfer. It's even been years since I played putt-putt (not that I have a problem with that activity). However, if anyone from Billikens.com wants to have a bowling team in a league, count me in!

Also, one thing we could do for a get-together is go to Six Flags (bringing our families and friends, of course). My employer lets me purchase tickets for about half of the regular admission price. We could plan something like that for next summer.

Both sounds excellent. I just wish I lived in St. Louis and could attend those.

Worse yet when I am back in St. Louis over the holiday's there is not a game I could see. At least I will be able to see more when they start playing on the East Coast next season.

Oh yeah I remember that 600+ yard par 5 or was it par 6 along Skinker. Once I swung from my toes and it sliced across the street into a churchyard. I found the ball, took a few strokes penalty, said a prayer thanking God no one was killed and no cars hit, and dropped it back on the fairway even with where it lie, and hit up to the green. That was one tough hole for me to score in single digits back in my HS and SLU days.

I understand the course has been renovated. How long it that hole now? I still don't hit it very far but have straightened out my slice. The secret of the game is tempo, don't try and kill the ball.