per bullseye, some of the shootout games

Belleville Althoff To Play In St. Louis Shootout

August 17, 2004

10:30 A.M. CST

The St. Louis Shootout is without question the best single day high school basketball event in the nation. Shootout coordinator Keith Pickett annually does an outstanding job of attracting the top high school teams and players in the nation to attend his event. This year's shootout will be held on December 9 at the Savis Center in St. Louis.

One of the top teams from Illinois that will be participating in this year's shootout is Belleville Althoff, who is led by 6'1 guard Kevin Lisch, who ranks among the top six seniors in Illinois according to Illinois Prep Bulls-eye. Lisch has already committed to play his college basketball at St. Louis University. Althoff will be quite busy during the early part of December, as they will also play at the Marshall County Hoopfest at Marshall County High School in Benton, KY, which is one of the best early-season high school basketball events in the nation.

Other teams that are committed to playing at the St. Louis Shootout include South Oak Cliff High School in Dallas, TX; Lynwood High School in Lynwood, CA; Poplar Bluff High School in Poplar Bluff, MO; and Wildwood Lafayette High School in Missouri.

South Oak Cliff is absolutely loaded and features 6'9 Kevin Rogers, 6'9 junior Darrell Arthur and 6'6 Jerell Hastings. Lynwood is one of the top teams in California and has 6'8 Jerry Davon Jefferson, 6'3 Seketoure Henry, 6'6 junior Josh Guillory and 6'3 junior Tim McLauren. Poplar Bluff's top player is 6'8 Tyler Hansbrough , who is a consensus top 10 player in the nation. Wildwood Lafayette is led by guard Landon Shipley.

pickett is big on planning in advance the local "stars". i.e. last year we got liddell as a senior and this year we get lisch. my guess is that since both central and desmet's stars are juniors, they will showcase next year's shootout.

Yes it is ... but I don't remember it that way ... in 3rd and 4th grades we were walking the streets to mow lawns, riding our bikes to Keist Park, and taking the bus to the state fairgrounds ... my brother was a year older than I and we had so much freedom ... I just don't remember it being rough. As an adult I know it is and was then ... you just see things differently as a kid.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman