Why Marquette Stinks

Since it is the dog days of Summer and not much is going on in the College B ball world I would like to start this new weekly segment to help pass the time. In this segment we can systematically work through each team in Conference USA and list the reasons why they stink. I am starting this segment with Marquette in honor of B-Law's whininess. I invite all to join in, so here it goes why Marquette stinks:

*Fat coeds in Freshman Lit classes have wierd dairy gas

*Cold Winds from Lake Michigan make hairy lunch lady nip-out at cafeteria

*It's in Milwaukee

*Laverne and Shirley still the two hottest chicks in town

*Original Mascot Golden Eagle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, i have always had a problem with any school that has "school bus yellow" as their primary color.

Simply put the fans. Dwayne Wade and little luck and all of the sudden we're no longer equals. Hell we aren't even in the same league. Not even playing the same sport! We can't afford to be seen hanging with you. We got an image to uphold!

Third to last in the Big Least is my prediction. Don't come crawling back when your suger daddy kicks you out. Goddamn gutter ho's!

Feel the Power of the Darkside.

Let it flow we got nothing better going on right now so might as well start up some bad blood with everyone in CUSA. We can get that short-timer syndrome because the conference will be done in a year.

Anyone seen the Conan O'Brien Skit "Conan Hates my Homeland" where he is systematically insulting every country in the world? It is funny things like "Portugal, we are Spain's Canada"

Anyway, Marquette stinks because..............

Iggy,

This former A-B employee could not agree more about your Miller Beer take. I also their advertising stupid to say the least. As to MU...how the once high and mighty have fallen. It will be interesting to see if they haven't bitten off more than they can chew with their jump to the Big (L)East.

"we're no longer equals"

Equals? Its worth noting that MU has as many NCAA bids in the last eleven seasons as SLU has in the history of its program. We don't need to go into Final Fours, national titles, sweet 16 appearances, conference titles and top 20 all time in program victories.

That said, SLU is on the way up -- with a bang. Soderberg is a good coach, and the university is helping him out immensely with a new league & what stands to be the best on-campus facility in the A-10 (if not beyond). The recuits will follow -- Lisch is a great 'get'. Should be a fun ride for the Bills, good luck.

Wow, no love for the fellow Jesuits. Its good to see that you care so much about us to start a thread on us, clearly our rep is rising. Just think though, in a year or two, you will be having threads on LaSalle and St. Bonaventure, boy those sound like to formidable opponents right there, they sure stack up against UConn and Syracuse. Face it, you guys are not Marquette. Stop the whole jealousy issue because its stupid. Marquette has a lot more history than St. Louis. Know your place, you don't play on the same level as Marquette. That being said, congrats on getting Liddell to committ again, he sounds like a special player. SLU's future looks extremely bright, hopefully you guys will be able to contend with Dayton and Xavier over in the A-10. Good Luck.

If you take away the one great Dwayne Wade season, SLU and Marquette have had pretty comparable histories over the last 20 years. Now Marquette during the Al Mcguire era blows away what we were offering up during the 1970s.

Whoa!!!! The frosh comes out swinging. I wish you guys well as you are soon to enter your new conference. It would have been nice if SLU could have joined us and Depaul in the Big East. I have to leave the room now as I just dropped some serious "dairy gas".B)

Yes, but the Wade era counts. I'm amazed that folks discount those games - - should we discount the Hughes stint for SLU (though not as successful, he won games for the Bills)? BTW, even without Wade, MU secured a regular season conference title, a conference tourney title (as did SLU), NIT final four, and a Sweet 16 appearance during this same time period. SLU only has one of those four successes during this time.

have fun battling depaul for last place in the near future on an annual basis.

the thread was started due to the "attitude" that marquette fans have exhibited in the last couple years. one would think you were annual final four participants the way you all act when in fact you finished worst than st louis last year. but keep telling yourself how superior you are. we shall see you again in about 6 years when you are begging slu, creighton, dayton and xavier to form the conference you should have been forming all along.

Don't be upset that you didn't get asked to join the Big East with us. Personally, I would be offended too if South Florida was asked to join over us. Maybe you guys might be able to land an at large bid once in awhile otherwise have fun with continous years of mediocrity.

warrior 2008 said, "Its good to see that you care so much about us to start a thread on us, clearly our rep is rising."

we start threads, but what does that say for you that you are trolling in our backyard, taking the time to register and then posting your agonized response? i would say you are apparently more concerned about the billikens and what the saint louis fandom is saying than the other way around.

btw, 2008? that is what the year you will graduate from high school and begin school at marquette?

we didnt want to be in the big least. we worked extremely hard to try to form the midwest papal league that i mentioned above.

as to your statement of the billikens mediocrity, hmmmmmm, the billikens have finished in the top half of conference usa every year and are now going to a weaker a-10 than what the current cusa is. why would anyone expect the billikens to get worse in that scenario? it would seem that the cards are laid out for the billikens to dominate the a-10 or at least compete for the title year in and year out. however marquette has bitten off the too big to chew piece.

like i said, in 5-6 years, your annual 500 record at best in the big least will be begging to form the conference you should have formed in the first place.

If you go .500 and up in the new Big East, that should get you into the tournament every year. Face it, the Big East is a power conference and they should be getting at least 6-7 bids every year. Every year at least 6 teams could be challenging for the conference title. The A-10 is a good conference but very top heavy. I would expect you guys to beat the LaSalle's and St. Bonne's of the conference, but you guys will not be much better than Temple and Richmond and you will most likely finish behind Xavier, Dayton, Charlotte, and possibly St. Joe's every year. 5th place in the A-10 isn't all that impressive, but like I originally said in my first post, Good Luck. Being another Jesuit school, I have a place for SLU in my heart. The only thing Bilikin Roy, don't say that you didn't want to go to the Big East. I don't ever remember you guys ever being mentioned in anything involved with the Big East or even the Catholic Conference. Cheer up though, you have a bright future ahead of you with Soderberg and by moving to the A-10.

>Yes, but the Wade era counts. I'm amazed that folks

>discount those games - - should we discount the Hughes stint

>for SLU (though not as successful, he won games for the

>Bills)? BTW, even without Wade, MU secured a regular

>season conference title, a conference tourney title (as did

>SLU), NIT final four, and a Sweet 16 appearance during this

>same time period. SLU only has one of those four successes

>during this time.

Not true. SLU had back to back NIT Final appearances during that time frame (late 1989 & 90). We had four NCAA Tourney appearances and two victories in the Dance. I don't recall Marquette exactly dominating the MCC and the Great Midwest when we were in those conferences together. The Waldman/Claggett teams kicked around Marquette pretty good. I remember one year, we beat Marquette 3 times. Yes, we can't match your Final Four season, but I just don't see where Marquette has been consistently better in the last 20 years.

we have been beating dayton and charlotte the last few seasons as much if not more than they beat us. so now why would they all at once begin to dominate the billikens.

and when i said that marquette would have a 500 record, i meant overall. you will not be 500 in the big least. as i stated above, i expect marquette to fight depaul and south florida each year in the conference races. your string of ncaa appearances were over the day duane wade headed to south beach.

Apparently you haven't seen the recruiting class we are bringing in then. We have landed 3 top 50 prospects so far for the 2005-6 season. Wes Matthews and Dominic James are regarded by some as top 20 to top 30 talents. We most likely will land a top 100 prospect in the Leo Criswell of Marcus Landry with our last scholarship offer. If you bring in the players, Roy, you won't finish at the bottom of the conference. Don't be so confident about our tournament days when you are having trouble keeping Liddell. Right now our future is looking a lot brighter than yours.