Team Leaders

I still don't know if we have an "in your face" leader, but this is still at least a little encouraging. No surprise on who is stepping up with Crawford and Roby. Just hope everyone is on board.

Crawford said the team held a players-only meeting during its off-day to regroup and refocus following Saturday's debacle.

"We're just going to keep going on and keep doing what we need to do and keep listening to the coaches and just going day-by-day and trying to get better so it doesn't happen again," he said. "We think we can still do special things this year. We just need to keep working every day and doing what we need to do."

These meetings are by no means uncommon -- Crawford says they try to have one "every once in a while" on an off-day.

"Usually we have our own format that we kind of do, so everyone usually ends up talking," he explained. "Everyone has their own opinions and we share them with each other."

As for who's responsible for calling the meetings...

"I've called a couple, John [Manning]'s called some, Davell [Roby] called this last one. It's just whoever feels obligated to that day," Crawford said. "We're all part of this together so we're all leaders and we all have our equal shares in it."

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/STLSports/SLUBillikens/tabid/328/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/16718/John-Manning-the-Last-Billiken-to-Play-for-Rick-Majerus-Prepares-for-Senior-Night.aspx

Manning if I recall correctly has been battling injuries from some time during the summer. Many have had a lot of negatives to heap on the young man, but he didn't have the chance to prepare for his senior campaign the way he and the coaching staff would have liked;