Non SLU GDT thread

brianstl

If I was a bottom feeder in a power conference............. Archie. You are going to need the better recruiter in those jobs to hopefully jump start the program.

If you got talent already in the program....... Crews.

Neither would be on my list if I had a big budget.

Well answered sir. Archie is earning his March stripes as we speak. I think Coach Crews is a good coach, and we'll see how good going forward.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well answered sir. Archie is earning his March stripes as we speak. I think Coach Crews is a good coach, and we'll see how good going forward.

And I think Archie might turn out to be a great all-around coach. If he was smart he would stay at Dayton for a few more years where he could grow without the added headaches of trying to build up a crap program or the pressure for immediate results in a job like Marquette. Archie could be a great coach, but he still has some growing to do.

He would be smart to follow his brother's example. Stay with the good thing you got going, grow some more as a coach, and then hopefully you are in line for a really great job in a few years.

What would really be funny is if the BE passes on us for Dayton and some other school

I've been thinking the same thing. I could see a scenario where the BE decides to expand next year, Dayton has become the flavor of the month (like Butler) and they are considered the team in the West and then the second team is from the East. And after this happens, it will go back to being REALLY hard work being a Billiken fan. It doesn't make sense, but these decisions are not always logicial. I'm in the minority here, but I am finding it very difficult to root for Dayton.

IF UD gets into the New Big East instead of us (I don't think they will), we will all be disappointed, but there is no use crying about it...we need to focus on winning the A-10 and making our program as attractive as possible...just like we are doing now.

I don't understand all of the Dayton hate...having a ton of experience with UD fans, very few (unfortunately the ones who post on message boards) are delusional. In fact, like us, most of them are pessimistic when in the moment. They're Dayton...they're used to getting beaten down. Dayton fans are certainly better than Xavier, Butler, Bona, VCU, Creighton, and Marquette fans. I tend to view Dayton as our little brother and harbor them no ill will...sure it's fun to beat the $hit out of your little brother, but at the end of the day, you want him, for the most part, to do well

Straight up, who would you take:

Archie or Jim Crews?

What would the answer have been three weeks ago? Should three wins from a team that got hot at the right time make a difference? I actually think it should have some effect, but I would still take Crews' track record over the last two years over falling in love with what Miller has done in the last 10 days.