GDT: Philadelphia Freedom

JettFlight5

We had 61 points with about 4 min to go and only 2 more with 5 sec to go. We went into a prevent offense and almost lost because of that like most football teams do when they do that. 2 points in 4 minutes speaks volumes.

It's not like we did not take shots in that span. We just missed them. If we make the shots after running the clock then nothing would be said.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NH is right , and we shut down at the end of the game .you have to go ® lasalle some credit for making some clutch shots. Lasalle is a tough gym to play in, if you haven't been there. The area around lasalle makes the area around SLU look like a country club. We didn't play our best, but , a win at lasalle, is a win nonetheless. Just win baby.

Whatever you may think about our faults and issues during this game, the fact is that we won. Very good teams may have nights when they are off, not scoring well, etc..., usually the same night the other team is doing very well. What makes the very good teams very good is the fact that they manage to win somehow. We did win. 16 wins in a row 22-2 and 9-0 playing away games. This is very good.

It's not like we did not take shots in that span. We just missed them. If we make the shots after running the clock then nothing would be said.

The problem is you basically sit there for 20 seconds, and then try to do something. It messes up the rhythm, and you might not have time for that extra pass to a more open man.

We had 61 points with about 4 min to go and only 2 more with 5 sec to go. We went into a prevent offense and almost lost because of that like most football teams do when they do that. 2 points in 4 minutes speaks volumes.

We hand the AM turn over and 3 missed shots - we did not go into a prevent offense what we did was run the clock down and take a shot - should we have driven instead of shooting from the perimeter perhaps but we did not decide not to try to score.

The problem is you basically sit there for 20 seconds, and then try to do something. It messes up the rhythm, and you might not have time for that extra pass to a more open man.

We were passing the ball around - I am sure if somebody had found a player wide open under the basket they would have made the pass and shot the ball - at this point in the game the clock is what needs to be managed. Had we gotten a rebound defensively during this stretch then none of this would have been talked about. JC did the right thing he just did not get good execution from the players on the floor.

That game was not an "off" night. JJ did not"save" us. He may have "carried" us but there was no saving in my mind. We led that game from start to finish in my mind, and La Salle's short-lived lead was an aberration. That got into a punch-counter punch match at the end and sometimes that happens. I said to my wife when we were up 61 to 54 that the seven point lead would be tough to catch. We dallied, we missed shots, they made shots. So it goes. As as nervous a nelly there can be, I was relatively relaxed all through this Philly trip.

Its a sweep and a two-game perch at the top of the A10. Cheered dem Fightin' Martellis to a win last night. Now rooting for Rhode Island today! This is "findign any way to win."