Honest Expectations After Majerus Hire

philliken

When the final buzzer sounded after the Memphis game in Columbus, I felt extremely satisfied. An enormous weight was lifted

I was sitting in the upper deck for the first half of that game, but moved down to the SLU section for the second half. As time wound down in that game, and it looked more and more likely that we would win, the feeling amongst those couple of sections we had was bordering on euphoric. Probably the most enjoyable moment of my college basketball watching life.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sitting in the upper deck for the first half of that game, but moved down to the SLU section for the second half. As time wound down in that game, and it looked more and more likely that we would win, the feeling amongst those couple of sections we had was bordering on euphoric. Probably the most enjoyable moment of my college basketball watching life.

One of my biggest regrets of the past few years is not going to Columbus for that weekend.

One of my biggest regrets of the past few years is not going to Columbus for that weekend.

To you and anyone else, don't let it happen again this March.

Get the days off work now, look in your couch for spare change and check online for unused airline miles and make the trip to whatever outpost they send us too. When we win the second game over the weekend, you won't regret it.

To you and anyone else, don't let it happen again this March.

Get the days off work now, look in your couch for spare change and check online for unused airline miles and make the trip to whatever outpost they send us too. When we win the second game over the weekend, you won't regret it.

Agreed. I had a hotel and tickets for Indy last year which even doubled the disappointment of Columbus. Although convincing the Mrs. that I need to leave her and an approximately 1 month old baby at that point might be a challenge. I can pull off Milwaukee, Indy, STL, and Memphis with an outside chance of Orlando.

Those two games were some of my favorite live sporting events of all time. I had my son who was 9 and my father, who recently passed away, with me. We sat in the SLU section. I remember being very upset with all of the Ohio State fans in the crowd who paid for seats and then sat on their hands rather than cheer up an underdog against their conference rival.

Agreed. I had a hotel and tickets for Indy last year which even doubled the disappointment of Columbus. Although convincing the Mrs. that I need to leave her and an approximately 1 month old baby at that point might be a challenge. I can pull off Milwaukee, Indy, STL, and Memphis with an outside chance of Orlando.

I've got one due in late March. I can already see us playing in the second round game (the real second round game) and me not getting to watch because my wife is delivering during those exact hours.

I've got one due in late March. I can already see us playing in the second round game (the real second round game) and me not getting to watch because my wife is delivering during those exact hours.

There are TVs in delivery rooms now. Years later, you could tell your kid that that was the first thing that he or she watched on television.

I'm thinking the one in the middle is just about nine centimeters. Think of it as the anti-pitocin.

756-prodimage-103.jpg

There are TVs in delivery rooms now. Years later, you could tell your kid that that was the first thing that he or she watched on television.

I know and games would certainly be on during the rest of the day, but somehow I don't think she'd like me paying more attention to the game than the birth of our first-born.

Bonwich....horrible.

I'm thinking the one in the middle is just about nine centimeters. Think of it as the anti-pitocin.

756-prodimage-103.jpg

Like several of the other recent grad posters, I was also going to wax poetic about how Majerus was hired when I was making my college decision senior year of HS. And how his hire (and SLU's financial aid department) tipped my hand into going to Saint Louis as opposed to some other fairly decent schools because I thought I'd have the best chance of seeing an NCAA tournament game during my undergrad years...but then bonwich made the cork joke and there are just some things you can't unsee.