Bills by 9 over RI

The Wiz

Akeem richmond is no Tyler Relphs.

dude plays for ECU now. scoring 20 per contest, making 4.7-12 3s per game. has scored 37 twice this year, hitting 10 threes both times. pretty impressive.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/45934/akeem-richmond

and yes, TYLER RELPH.

Did you like the Yale game? Well, prepare for Yale 2 away. Rhode Island ( C ) is pretty much the same as Yale, numbers wise. This game will be like playing Yale in New Haven.

Here is what we need to do to win......

RI's 3pt % shooting is about the same as Yale (slightly below average)....so I am going to use the same #'s as last time....Hold them to 12 three pt att....2 or 3 made....22% from the arc. Their 3 pt guy is Munford (actually he is their go to guy overall..ave 15pts/gm)...so we need to focus on him.

Basically, we need to do what we did against Yale. For those of you that were worried about Yale, you need to be worried about RI. For the rest of us, we will anticipate the 5th best start in Bills history with a win over RI.

Random Stats.......

3pt D

......Made by opp....3rd in nation

......3pt %................3rd in nation

......3pt att................25th in nation

17.8 pts/gm...winning margin at home

Highest single game 3pt shooting ave (47.8%) since 2/9/13 against Richmond (47.8%)

We alway win when.....

we score at least 75 (7-0)

we hold the opp to 55 (7-0) ...hmm...75 & 55 ...that looks familiar

we shoot at least 46.2% (6-0)

we hold the opp to 43.5% (11-0)

This is 8th best start in Bills history and the best isince 1993-94

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are. (I would say this is true the last 3 Januarys)

The only thing we did on the undefeated checklist is hold URI to under 43.5%, so make that 12-0.

They went 4-15 for 3 = 27%. So, we lost 3 points on the spread to 3FG defense.

We lost 3 points on the spread at the line (12-21 = 57%. 15/21 would have been 71%). That puts us at a 7-point victory.

Your last two points probably come from us shooting 21-58 for 36.2% from the field including 5-17 from the arc (29.4%). Well below our averages for the season of 43.8% and 32.0%.

I stand by my previous anxiety, a roller coaster this time it ended well. I have a better feeling about Dayton because we have played well there before.

These refs were seriously bad, but Evans and Loe have to make better use of the five fouls they are given. Cheap fouls are going to happen but Evans last foul was mysterious. Minimal contact, when he had position. Evans gets pushed around with 10 times the force and no fouls were called.

Love the hi-lo passes from rob to Dwayne and Dwayne to Rob.

Well, the important thing is I picked the right winning team.

This should be pretty easy to analyze. ...

On 3's for RI....they made 4 vs predicted 3 (my string ends at 4 straight) ----4-15 (27% vs predicted 22%)....an extra 3 pts

FT's for the Bills.... a horrible 57% ...12-21 ...missing 3 pts here

21-58 from the field....36%.... about 4 FG off of normal....8pt ...I saw about 4 we should/could have made

Probably should have won by about 14 ...covering the spread easily

But in light of past history (must be that Hurley, I think he intimidates the refs)...I will take the win

In spite of being ugly, it was a good win....we bent coming down the stretch but didn't break. This will be valuable later on when we are playing tougher teams.

And how about that Jett....

We are 14-2...Tied for the 5th best start in Bills history.

I think we are starting to catch the attention of the non-believers...Some that had us at ranked at 50 just recently have dropped down to 30 now....Come on aboard , there is plenty of room on the bandwagon......even the TV announcers said we should be ranked.

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are..............

I stand by my previous anxiety, a roller coaster this time it ended well. I have a better feeling about Dayton because we have played well there before.

These refs were seriously bad, but Evans and Loe have to make better use of the five fouls they are given. Cheap fouls are going to happen but Evans last foul was mysterious. Minimal contact, when he had position. Evans gets pushed around with 10 times the force and no fouls were called.

Love the hi-lo passes from rob to Dwayne and Dwayne to Rob.

DE's last foul was suspect I agree but these refs were equal for both teams as a whole. The problem was sometimes they would let them play and other times they would not - it just so happened that when they would not it was against RL and DE. Thankfully they let JJ play.

Well, the important thing is I picked the right winning team.

This should be pretty easy to analyze. ...

On 3's for RI....they made 4 vs predicted 3 (my string ends at 4 straight) ----4-15 (27% vs predicted 22%)....an extra 3 pts

FT's for the Bills.... a horrible 57% ...12-21 ...missing 3 pts here

21-58 from the field....36%.... about 4 FG off of normal....8pt ...I saw about 4 we should/could have made

Probably should have won by about 14 ...covering the spread easily

But in light of past history (must be that Hurley, I think he intimidates the refs)...I will take the win

In spite of being ugly, it was a good win....we bent coming down the stretch but didn't break. This will be valuable later on when we are playing tougher teams.

And how about that Jett....

We are 14-2...Tied for the 5th best start in Bills history.

I think we are starting to catch the attention of the non-believers...Some that had us at ranked at 50 just recently have dropped down to 30 now....Come on aboard , there is plenty of room on the bandwagon......even the TV announcers said we should be ranked.

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are..............

After seeing how WI beat on IL like a drum - you may be convincing me.