Rammer out at 101

brianstl

That's a shame...I've always enjoyed Rammer on the radio. Apparently, people enjoy idiots like Chris Duncan and DeMarco Farr moreso than the intellect Rammer brings to the table

St. Louis sports fans have a high percentage of mouth breathers that enjoy the Duncan and Farr types.

When Duncan first started he was very good - sounded knowledgeable and had good insights but now he has really gotten bad - I don't even like listening to him anymore - maybe it is his illness lingering effects but he really has slipped. Rammer and McCrite where fine but it takes more than me to listen to make a show a success.

When Duncan first started he was very good - sounded knowledgeable and had good insights but now he has really gotten bad - I don't even like listening to him anymore - maybe it is his illness lingering effects but he really has slipped. Rammer and McCrite where fine but it takes more than me to listen to make a show a success.

It wasn't the illness that made Duncan bad -- it was the instant fame. Sure, the brain tumor should make us all feel pity for him. However, prior and after it, he has been literally awful on the radio. Yet. he has somehow parlayed his terribleness into better and better radio time slots. It is almost like the mid-2000sn again!

Sure, it shouldn't be fun to pick on a person who has had to deal with a terrible illness. However, this particular person just seems to luckbox into every nice opportunity imaginable. Every time he turns around, a better opportunity arises. He turned an OK stint with the Cards, that ended BADLY, into a lucrative situation with a local radio station. That situation turned into a prime-time gig, at the expense of a very good professional. He then turned that into an even better gig, as a well-known local media personality gave up his radio gig, giving Duncan the late-morning/early-afternoon slot with a built in audience base!

As you can probably tell, I could care f*ck-all about Chris Duncan. When I listen to or see him, I just sense a doucher who has had everything handed to him and after his MLB career went to crap, he found another easy career that was handed to him due to his name. The worst part about Chris Duncan is that he probably feels he truly earned what has come his way...and when you listen to him. you can tell it.

It wasn't the illness that made Duncan bad -- it was the instant fame. Sure, the brain tumor should make us all feel pity for him. However, prior and after it, he has been literally awful on the radio. Yet. he has somehow parlayed his terribleness into better and better radio time slots. It is almost like the mid-2000sn again!

Sure, it shouldn't be fun to pick on a person who has had to deal with a terrible illness. However, this particular person just seems to luckbox into every nice opportunity imaginable. Every time he turns around, a better opportunity arises. He turned an OK stint with the Cards, that ended BADLY, into a lucrative situation with a local radio station. That situation turned into a prime-time gig, at the expense of a very good professional. He then turned that into an even better gig, as a well-known local media personality gave up his radio gig, giving Duncan the late-morning/early-afternoon slot with a built in audience base!

As you can probably tell, I could care f*ck-all about Chris Duncan. When I listen to or see him, I just sense a doucher who has had everything handed to him and after his MLB career went to crap, he found another easy career that was handed to him due to his name. The worst part about Chris Duncan is that he probably feels he truly earned what has come his way...and when you listen to him. you can tell it.

People LOVE CDunc for some reason. It's cultlike. He comes up with the dumbest crap and tries to play it off as some sort of genius....AND PEOPLE BUY IT! The reason why he has gotten so far is because of his 'connections' to the Cardinals. I remember his dad coming on the Fastlane as well as Cardinal players who he was bro-ey with. It's ridiculous.

DeMarco Farr is an idiot, too. His constant belittling of people who 'haven't played the game' is unbearable. And outside of football he has absolutely no clue.

Zack McCrite was left on the tilt-a-whirl too long as a kid. He was downright awful. Can't believe he lasted this long..he should be doing sports radio in some small, southern town.

Other people on radio and in the business all believe Chris Duncan is a superstar. I just don't get it.

Ramsey and Zack (who I agree is horrible) are being replaced by Kevin Wheeler. Awful. He is beyond boring on KMOX.

McKernan is most likely licking his chops at the prospect of bringing in a guy of Ramsey's caliber. Putting Rammer on midday or even better, shoring up Burwell on their drive show. Ramsey will land on his feet. He'll be on the air as soon as his contract with 101 is up.