Groupon for SEMO Game

RUBillsFan

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-saint-louis-billikens-men-s-basketball

The slam-dunk is one of the most exhilarating plays in sports, along with the home run and whenever a horse kicks a field goal. See high-flying hoops action with this GrouponLive deal.

The Deal

• Saint Louis Billikens men's basketball game against the Southeast Missouri State University Redhawks
  • When: Friday, November 8, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Where: Chaifetz Arena
  • Door time: 5:30 p.m.
  • Ticket values include all fees.
  • Click here to view the seating chart.

Seating Options

• $6 for upper-level end seating for one ($17 value)
  • $10 for upper-level corner seating for one ($25 value)
  • $16 for upper-level side seating for one ($37 value)

The Scouting Report

The 2012–13 season was a banner campaign for the Billikens men's team, as they parlayed a 28–7 record into an Atlantic 10 championship title and a second-consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament's third round. Their quest to follow up that exceptional campaign begins on Friday, November 8, with the season opener against Southeast Missouri. When these teams last met in 2009, the Billikens dismantled Southeast Missouri 59–41 before, in an act of sportsmanship, reassembling the Redhawks and shaking their hands after the game.

Saint Louis Billikens

The city of Saint Louis may be known as the Gateway to the West, but for many of the nation's premier soccer players, it’s the final destination. That's because, with 10 NCAA Division I championships to their name, the Saint Louis Billikens have built a soccer tradition more lasting than a pair of cleats left to dry in wet cement. While men's soccer may be the Billikens' flagship program, they are a formidable force across a variety of sports, including men's basketball, a program that has made it to the NCAA Tournament eight times.

The Fine Print

Expires Nov 8th, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 11/8 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Chaifetz Arena. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 2 hours before game time. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. See the rules that apply to all deals.

Nothing wrong with it. Do it early in the season, fill up some seats that would have remained empty, and get more people involved. You will probably reach some folks who otherwise would not have attended.

I look forward to more hand wringing posts about early season attendance. Before folks make those posts, I invite them to look at attendance figures from around college basketball for games in early November. Unless it is a big match-up or an elite program, usually attendance is not that great across the board early in the season.

Don't discount the tickets yourself. Just take 25% of the cost via groupon! And still devalue your product! Yay!

I think ACE is right. Using Groupon is more about marketing than it is giving out the discount. If SLU cut prices of the game on their own, they might generate some additional sales, but not really reach any "new" customers. Groupon allows them to advertise to a wider audience and potentially bring in people who would otherwise never attend a game.

Just saw this thread. The fine print says it expires Nov 8th, but it is over.

If anyone has a couple of extra tickets they aren't using ...

I think that means if you purchased the Groupon, then the Groupon expires on Nov 8 (because that is when the game is and there is no way to use a ticket for a game that already happened). However, the deal to buy the Groupon was only going on yesterday.

I think that means if you purchased the Groupon, then the Groupon expires on Nov 8 (because that is when the game is and there is no way to use a ticket for a game that already happened). However, the deal to buy the Groupon was only going on yesterday.

got it. Thanks

You can have mine (2) if you need them. I'll be there, but will be sitting in different seats.

Box sitting in his good friend, Dr chaifetz's seats apparently. Hey turn around waive to your lesser friend's OK?

You can have mine (2) if you need them. I'll be there, but will be sitting in different seats.

I'll take them and pay you something or buy you a couple of beers at the game or your lunch at the next old boys club meeting. You name it

Do you want to meet outside before hand or what. I can be wherever and whenever it's convienient for you

Thank You