Minutes per Game

bauman

I don't see how a big developing player with great upside wouldn't be able to play some as a freshman. When we play BS teams and they have big highly touted freshmen it's a no brainer that they play some right away. Reggie isn't a one and done player it seems, but his raw ability seems enough that he would have some chance of developing into a 4 year NBA recruit.i know we are more talented than we've been in modern history but still a 3 or 4 star recruit should still be of some use as a freshmen. Also seems to me would be hard to get a 3 or 4 to commit if they were told they'd be watching with us their first year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back at Grandy's freshman year stats, I guess we need to make a distinction between minutes per game played by the player and minutes per game played by the team. Obviously, these numbers are per game played by the team. Grandy averaged 3.2 per game, but only played in 9 games total. He would have been less than 1 minute per team game played.

I just think Reggie is raw and will take a year to develop and get the system down. I'm optimistic he will develop into a great player, but I don't expect huge contributions from him his freshman year.

Cody averaged 28 minutes per game for the 1/2+ season he was here his freshman year. I understand that you are probably saying that team was not as deep as this years will be and therefore Cody played despite being raw. I think 10 mintues/game is reasonable. Basically, I agree with the poster who said they expect a 9 man rotation (8 non-freshman and 1 of the freshman). I am saying I expect that 1 freshman will be Lancona. My argument for him over Reggie is that I expect Lancona to be a better outside shooter and it seems that with the loss of Ellis, we will need another outside shooter. It will be fun to see how it works out.

Barnett will certainly see more minutes this year, I don't think anyone doubts that. Barnett also shot the same percentage as COdy from outside last year...problem solved.

Barnett will certainly see more minutes this year, I don't think anyone doubts that. Barnett also shot the same percentage as COdy from outside last year...problem solved.

You are probably right. I am on record as saying I think Barnett with pick up some of Cody's scoring load.