Mike Montgomery To GS Warriors???

If true, my long shot candidate to replace Mike Montgomery is former SLU assistant Randy Bennett, now at St. Mary's of California. Montgomery went from Montana to Stanford, so going from St. Mary's to Stanford is not out of the picture.

The only reason for Montgomery, who has a contract thru 2007-2008, to leave Stanford is for huge, huge money.

Montgomery is 57 and the Warriors are offering $10,000,000 for the next 4 years. He lives in one of the most expensive cost of living towns in the USA, and he does not have to move! I'd say it is a good financial decision, wouldn't you?

Names in today's SF Chronicle speculated to take over the Cardinal are Mark Few of Gonzaga, and former Montgomery assistants Nevada's Trent Johnson and Oregon's Ernie Kent.

Yes, Few was the first name that came to my mind. And I'm surprised Mizzery's Quin Snyder would not be mentioned as a possible. He's got west coast ties, Duke grad which is similar to Stanford, he's a lawyer with an MBA, got the WC look going for him, what's the problem?