? for Bracketologists

ACE

This is my very unscientific take on how our performance in the A-10 Tourney could affect NCAA Tourney seeding. Winning today prevents us from sliding down a spot, from say a 5 to a 6, so fortunately we avoided that. IF we lose to Butler, I doubt it will negatively impact our seed because they have such a strong RPI. It will be viewed as a "good loss" if there is such a thing. IF/when we win the conference tourney, will it improve our seed? I would think it would have to bump us up one rung on the ladder... say from a 5 to a 4. What do our board's self-styled bracketoligists think?

BTW, does LaSalle make the Big Dance?

I think a loss to Butler we'll end up a 6, maybe a 5.

A loss in the championship game we'll end up a 5, maybe a 4.

A win in the championship game we'll end up a 4, if everything else goes well maybe a 3.

Agreed.

Then it gets to the point whether you want a 4 in San Jose or a 5 in Kansas City, etc.

I think a loss to Butler we'll end up a 6, maybe a 5.

A loss in the championship game we'll end up a 5, maybe a 4.

A win in the championship game we'll end up a 4, if everything else goes well maybe a 3.

I agree, but regardless of this weekend, how great is that we are discussing whether we will be a 3, 4, 5, or 6 seed!

Re: LaSalle

I think they are right on the edge and probably on the outside looking in. Their RPI after today's game is 46 with an SOS of 83. KenPom was 51 and Sagarin 52 on Thursday. Those most likely are worse now. They have one top 50 win (Butler) and one really, really bad loss (home against #200 Central Connecticut.) They needed that win a lot more than Butler did (Butler was already a lock regardless.)

Lasalle, temple, slu, butler, vcu, umass and xaiver are all better than mi$$ouri. Missouri would have been fighting to make it to brooklyn if they were in the A-10

I think a loss to Butler we'll end up a 6, maybe a 5.A loss in the championship game we'll end up a 5, maybe a 4.A win in the championship game we'll end up a 4, if everything else goes well maybe a 3.

Kshoe is generally right. I do think things are more optimistic. A loss to VCU and it is a 4 or 5 seed. A loss to Umass is a 5. A win over VCU is a 3 with a small chance of 2. A win over UMass is 3-4.