I Wish SLU Offered This

well you could probably play the marque perry highlight reel and burn up half the dvd.

seriously, the games that come to mind for me are

-of course that louisville game

-the four games for the miracle in memphis

-the night that bonner and company beat a very good depaul team to advance to the nit semi's in nyc

-hughes amazing game in milwaukee where he dismantled marquette by himself

-claggett, h and highmark beating cincy for the first time in years at the old arena

-all three of the missouri games

-the illinois game in the dome the billikens won where we set the all-time attendance record for a game in the state of missouri

-beating kansas in the robertson boys duel

-the amazing comeback to beat houston this year is nice

-claggett, h and highmark beating minnesota in the first round of the ncaa tourney

those 10 are the ones that come to mind first.

A few other games:

The New Mexico game at NM in the NIT (89, 90?)

The Minnesota NCAA game

When I was in school in the 60-61 season, the Bills won the Kentucky Invitational Tournament in Lexington by beating Kentucky 74-72 in overtime. Also, in 62-63, the Bills played Kentucky on New Years Eve in St. Louis. Kentucky had Cotton Nash. The crowd was really into it. I remember standing on my seat screaming. But the game was not close, with the Bills winning 87-63. In my four years, the Bills had a regular season game with Kentucky every year.

Funny thing, the game after the Bills beat Kentucky in the overtime game, the next game for Kentucky was a 81-69 win over Missouri.

Gister didn`t the Bills make the NIT finals is '61?Maybe a game or so then?How about the NCAA win over UMass in 98(the strip by J.Walker that led to Hughes` dunk)

They're both good. For some reason, the UMASS game is not memorable for me. I do remember looking forward to the Sunday afternoon game against Kentucky. So I must have seen the UMASS game, but it doesn't stand out.

What stands out were the desperate 3 point attempts by Minnesota at the end of the game. I'll never forget having a meeting scheduled with the City and sitting in the car listening to the end of the game and having to go into the meeting, not knowing what the outcome was. Watching it on the news later, was thrilling.

I have the 1995 NCAA games against Minnesota and Wake Forest on tape. I haven't watched the game against Wake too many times, but I will watch the Minnesota game occasionally. I also have the Louisville game from last year on tape. In 1998 I taped the first round win against UMASS and the first half of the second round loss against Kentucky(pretty sure I stopped it at halftime or early in the second half because it was a blowout), but those games either got taped over or I lost the tape because I haven't been able to find that tape, even though I have spent some time looking for it.

Some games I would like to have on a DVD would be:

-Win over #2 Louisville

-The four games at the Miracle in Memphis in 2000

-First Round loss to Utah in 2000 NCAA

-1998 NCAA First Round win over UMASS, as well as the second round loss to UK(even though it was a blowout, it still was an NCAA game)

-1995 First and Second round NCAA games against Minnesota and Wake Forest

-The come from behind game in the 1989 NIT at New Mexico in The Pit

-The first round NIT game this year against Iowa

-All three Mizzou games

-The win over Kansas in December 1998

-Road game in 1998 against Marquette where Larry Hughes went for 40

-Win over DePaul in the 1990 NIT Quarterfinals

-I don't need to see most of the game against Houston this year, just the last few minutes and overtime would suffice :)

-Win over Illinois in December 1997

It's a rather lengthy list, but I probably still missed some.

I remember seeing some of the UMASS game in 1998. It was a low scoring game at 51-46, and I only remember two plays in the game. In the first half, I remember Hughes going down the court for a layup with a defender reasonably close to him, missing the layup, but Baniak was there to follow up the miss and jam the rebound through. The other was very late in the game as Hughes came around a screen, with his defender still right in his face, and drilling an impressive fade away to put the game away.

As far as the first round game against Minnesota, well my family left to go on a trip to San Diego the same day (had that not been planned we might have been off to Baltimore for the game) and once we landed in San Diego we couldn't find a TV showing the SLU game. We didn't find out that SLU had won until later in the day when another game in SLU's region was on and they mentioned that SLU and Wake Forest had won earlier in the day.

I wish I would have the 89 NIT semifinal win over Michigan State(Bonner,Gray,Douglas,and Newberry).

it was Thanksgiving weekend and I was sitting in the car in Louisville listening to the game. For those of you that say we should find a station that will broadcast all of the Bills games instead of KMOX you have never had the benfit of listening to games in distant places.

I was at that game, sitting right under the basket in a bleacher section of seats. It was awesome. And you're right about KMOX, I remember driving my rental car to the top of a hill in Little Rock one night to listen to the amazing comeback in 'The Pit' against New Mexico in the NIT after being down 20 at the half.