Report on Mike Crawford

Fansince59

Friends and I traveled to Tipton Indiana to watch Mike Crawford and his Tipton Devils ( ranked First in 2A) take on The Frankfort Hotdogs ( ranked high in 3A). Crawford started slow as the guards couldn't get the ball to him and Frankfort was leading at he quarter by 16. Then Crawford started bringing up the ball and hook over the game. He is a slasher, quick, strong and great body control, twisting around defenders for layups. Outside shot very good, but primarily a driver. All FTs swishes until one miss and then an intentional miss with seconds left. He didn't have lot of support, Frankfort was bigger and stronger, but they tried double teaming Mike but failed. Not sure how many he scored but probably in the 30s. He is going to be valuable. Strong legs and good leaper. He is an athlete! Modest and unassuming too. No showboating or whining but class kid. SLU is going o love this kid, who people there said is an excellent student.

http://www.ihigh.com/whmb/broadcast_278670.html?silverlight=1

I thought i saw that Frankfort/Tipton game on TV last night when I was flipping through the channels. Channel 40 in Indy features one game each week. See the entire game here.

You don't get high school basketball coverage like this for a regular season game anywhere except Indiana.

Hope that Crawford comes here whether Crews is retained or not. I assume he's committed to the school and not just the coach considering the situation but you never know. I have no idea whether Crawford is going to be good or not, but we have 4 spots to fill and I really don't want to have to use coaches to play 5 on 5 like we had to do a couple years ago.

This game was fun to watch. I honestly think Crawford is stronger and quicker than Lisch but can't tell whether he has Kevin's three point shot-which was terrific. Most impressed with ability to twist and move quickly to the basket, and his outstanding demeanor on the court. He has a presence. Really has it.

This game was fun to watch. I honestly think Crawford is stronger and quicker than Lisch but can't tell whether he has Kevin's three point shot-which was terrific. Most impressed with ability to twist and move quickly to the basket, and his outstanding demeanor on the court. He has a presence. Really has it.

A 6'5" Lisch would have been an All-American.