CBS Sports bracketology

slufan06

That article has us going to Dayton. Interesting.

Where did you see that? It has us as a 12 seed, which would mean we play either NC State, Michigan State, Wichita State, or Marquette (Not that any of this means anything).

Where did you see that? It has us as a 12 seed, which would mean we play either NC State, Michigan State, Wichita State, or Marquette (Not that any of this means anything).

The star by the team seed I think meant First 4 participant.

The star by the team seed I think meant First 4 participant.

Right you are. good catch.

We are on the home page of the men's basketball section on cbssports.com. Their latest bracketology has us in as an 11 seed....still a lot of games left, but still nice to see...

Here are the CBS article links, for when they leave the splash page:

Jerry Palm: Bracketology (Mixing it up at the bottom)

Gary Parrish: Rout doesn't mean Butler overrated

Both take the view that we were pumped, Butler was punked. Sure, we're contenders, but the A-10 is tough, most are contenders, everybody will take some losses even when they play well. Butler is still the team to beat in the league, still a higher seed than us. They had a detailed game plan (Parrish actually saw it!), they just didn't follow it last night. Humph.

We must kick Dayton butt tomorrow, and I hope we show Butler how to win a road game in three weeks.

The Dayton win didnt cause much of move in the RPI's. This is killing us:

12-05 North Texas 7-14 (3-9) 256 67-63 W

12-15 Tenn-Martin 4-16 (2-7) 295 73-51 W

12-19 Eastern Illinois 6-15 (3-6) 293 72-45 W

12-22 Loyola Marymnt 7-12 (1-7) 216 65-44 W

12-28 SIU-Edwardsville 5-11 (0-0) 276 68-41 W

According to the CBS brackets, the A-10 gets 6 teams in, with UMass having to play their way in to the 12th spot. Sorry, I don't see that happening. I can see 4 right now; Butler, VCU, St. Louis, and one more (Temple, LaSalle, St.Joes, UMass). Charlotte's going to get their comeuppance over the next two weeks. They've got a killer schedule; 2 vs Temple, Butler, VCU, St. Louis, at Dayton.

The Dayton win didnt cause much of move in the RPI's. This is killing us:

12-05 North Texas 7-14 (3-9) 256 67-63 W

12-15 Tenn-Martin 4-16 (2-7) 295 73-51 W

12-19 Eastern Illinois 6-15 (3-6) 293 72-45 W

12-22 Loyola Marymnt 7-12 (1-7) 216 65-44 W

12-28 SIU-Edwardsville 5-11 (0-0) 276 68-41 W

Perhaps. But most at-large teams have a number of wins against crap teams. Right now, the biggest hit that was avoidable was the home loss to Rhody, who is currently #176. If that was a win, I'm guessing that the RPI would be at least 10 spots better.

According to the CBS brackets, the A-10 gets 6 teams in, with UMass having to play their way in to the 12th spot. Sorry, I don't see that happening. I can see 4 right now; Butler, VCU, St. Louis, and one more (Temple, LaSalle, St.Joes, UMass). Charlotte's going to get their comeuppance over the next two weeks. They've got a killer schedule; 2 vs Temple, Butler, VCU, St. Louis, at Dayton.

It's possible the CBS bracket is a "right now" bracket. As in, if the season ended today, the A10 would have 6 teams. It won't happen in reality because the lower of those 7 teams you listed will beat themselves up

We are at 41 in Pomeroy this morning. Dramatic improvments in both our offensive and defensive effeciency ratings.

Just to reiterate the defensive improvement, over the past 4 games, SLU has averaged 12.75 steals, 19.25 opponent TOs, 57.75 points allowed and .297 opponents 3FG%.

For comparison's sake, VCU leads the nation in steals at 12.1 per game.