Bracketology

The first Bracketology is out and it is interesting to see where SLU is predicted. With the loss of KM for a few games, a #9 seed seems about right. Since August, we have lost our best player so dropping only 2 seeds says quite a bit about the depth of this program. The Bills need to avoid an upset and win the games they should and they should be given some slack when it comes to seeding b/c of injury. What does everyone think?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

i think you are crazy to even look at something like that at this point in the season. there is absolutely no basis for any of it. it is pure fiction.

I think the Billikens are in line for the following --

11-3 record in non-conference schedule (losses to Kansas, Washington and New Mexico/Valpo.

13-14 wins in the conference, which should be good for 1st or 2nd place in the A-10

2-3 wins in the A-10 conference tournament

That puts the team right at about 26-28 regular season wins.

If SLU is 27-5 heading into Selection Sunday, with an A-10 conference or tournament title, and a handful of quality wins, I don't see how they don't get at least a 5 seed.

3-4 seed is a dream. I'm seeing a 6 thru 8. But to achieve this we can't stumble against anyone we're supposed to beat. We have a fairly favorable A-10 sched. By that, we get a lot of the A-10s best teams at home, so we have to hold serve at home. If we do, then 11-3 conference record is very doable. And even when KM gets back it's going to take 5 or 6 games for him to get back up to speed. Yeah, he may be lifting weights for upper body strength, but not sure what he can do with his legs right now since he can't run or even jog. Foot injuries are fickle, am really concerned that it may blow up his SR season. Good to hear Carter is making progress.

3-4 seed is a dream. I'm seeing a 6 thru 8.

That is really a very tough road, some which out of our control.

We would have to win the CBE (beat Kansas). Also the Lobos.

In addition, many of our fellow A10 teams would have to have very good OOC wins. Like St Joe's beat a ND and Creighton, Butler beat a Marquette and upset Indiana, etc... Then we beating those teams.

Given our hiccups (KM's foot, RM's absence, undefined interior game) I am only expecting the dance right now. Who my date is and what size limo I arrive in, that's yet to be determined.