AP Poll --- Bills #29

Taj79

Kind of what I was expecting:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings/_/poll/1

I'm guessing a lot of hope in Columbia rides on Oriahki stepping in big time to compliment the guards. Kansas #7. Virginia Commonwealth #27. Butler #31. St.Joe's #33.New Mexico #39. Valpo with 3 votes.

Seems reasonable... assuming we defeat Texas A&M and play well against Kansas we should be in the top 25. If we beat Kansas that would probably leave us somewhere in the teens. The Valpo game might end up being nice for the RPI assuming they stay strong.

Looks like a stronger A10, but a very different balance of power than in recent memory. Hopefully KM will be back in sooner than has been discussed even though we could probably get through OOC without missing him too much.

@brownindian --- assuming your post of last year's title game means you believe the Bonnies will pull off a similar miracle, I doubt it. Conger was a nice complimentary piece to Nicholson and Kaloof was a nice find tucked away in Olean, NY, but w/o Nicholson, your chances are slim. I doubt Conger and three freshmen and a redshirt junior coming off injury will be able to make up for that loss and yes, Davenport returns, but again, chances are slim. Of course, stranger things have happened so hope can spring eternal. If you make it to Brooklyn, who knows.

Seems reasonable... assuming we defeat Texas A&M and play well against Kansas we should be in the top 25. If we beat Kansas that would probably leave us somewhere in the teens. The Valpo game might end up being nice for the RPI assuming they stay strong.

Looks like a stronger A10, but a very different balance of power than in recent memory. Hopefully KM will be back in sooner than has been discussed even though we could probably get through OOC without missing him too much.

We're gonna miss RM a whole lot more.

We're gonna miss RM a whole lot more.

Disagree.

Crews is experienced and the players know Majerus' teachings by now for the most part. For one season missing our best player is moe important in my opinion.

While we can't dial up another KM, we've got very capable backups w/ lots of experience. Crews was at best a .500 coach. I'm reserving my judgement before I put him near RM's category, hoops genius. I think RM's absence is being reflected in our drop in the polls and by the sports blogs. These guys know how much he brought to the game. For example, I think if Izzo took a leave from MSU, they'd drop as well. Believe me, I hope Crews is a total RM clone, but the things that set RM apart was a fanatical approach to the film room, game prep, and in game adjustments. RM's whole life revolved around his BB teams, Crews, and no slam, is a family guy and probably can't give it his heart and soul like RM did. We'll see, but I hope you're right.

29th is about right, we should be 28-35, give or take, going in.

Wise voters know losing Majerus will hurt for sure, the question is "how significantly" and KM will not be 100% until the last 1/3 of the season, give or take, he will not be in game shape and at game speed for quite some time.

The key is a BIG needs to improve dramatically, step up several notches and help us get to where we were last year. Will it happen? Who will it be? Somebody has to catch on fire.

AND the kids need to buy into Crews and Crews needs to keep the Majerus system intact as best he can. We shall see.

If so, and we stay healthy, and everyone does as expected with some improvement from some with another yr experience, we can get into the NCAA's and win a game or two.

Crews will be dedicated it is his last big chance if it goes down the drain.

1). I believe he was the best coach we faced when he led the purple Aces

2) He thought he could do it anywhere or he would not have taken the awful job at Army. Awful for MBB; may be great atmosphere, otherwise.

3) very few coaches are on the basketball IQ level or commit to no other life-just look what an athlete let happen to his body in spite of being around the gym every day.

4) Whitesell may be the glue as he had extra time with RM and appears to be very dedicated and smart.

)5 Crews bringing in his own assistant may tempt him to shade RM's system- he would be wisest to not tinker-just implement

When he gets a permanent job after taking us deep in NCAA then he can show us anything he wants or take it elsewhere

Let's win every game big

Nice publicity. Katz is a Majerus fan, we've gotten some love from him since the big guy has been at the helm. Watching that I was thinking it be nice for Coach to make a recovery and come back for the next season knowing it was his final year for a victory lap. It could help with the transition depending on our options at the end of this season.

Nice publicity. Katz is a Majerus fan, we've gotten some love from him since the big guy has been at the helm. Watching that I was thinking it be nice for Coach to make a recovery and come back for the next season knowing it was his final year for a victory lap. It could help with the transition depending on our options at the end of this season.

I was thinking it would be awesome to see Coach Majerus arise out of the darkness and show up at the team's NCAA game. Even if he were a mere spectator, it would be like Willis Reed hobbling out of the tunnel to take on the Celtics in the championship.