LA Times article well worth reading

I don't know how long this will be up on the LA Times internet page, but for those of you who like to read about (1) Majerus' ability to spot talent that others overlook, and (2) Majerus' basketball brillance, I think you'll enjoy this article. Read the whole article, it will take awhile to see the relevance to this board.

http://www.latimes.c...,4708203.column

Go Bills.

Good article. I've always thought that the really good coaches were the ones that coudl adjust and script a game plan against an opponent and COACH it. That is why I believe guys like Calipari and Finch and Boeheim and Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler and Andy Reid and Ali and some others in a variety of sports always wilted in the big ones. Because they continually threw their sysytem out there and said "here it is, beat it." And invariably guys did. Guys like Majerus and Paterno and others who prepped and studied the opposition. And adjusted for it.

Wow! Did not know that Andre Miller was already 36 and has a double-digit pro career in terms of longevity. No wonder Majerus uses him as his ruler stick.

Sounds kind of familiar - what did the Memphis players say about what we did to them - something like "when they (SLU) would shoot the ball all but one player would fall back on defense even if the ball did not go in - we have never seen a defense like that before - we would rebound the ball and look up court and they would all be down there waiting for us - we did not know what to do". You kind of got the same thing from Mich St - they did not expect us to play smash mouth with them.

Better be careful Mr. Indian ---- the good feeling of last year is going to have to sustain you guys for a while, covering many moons. Many, many moons, kemosabee. Nicholson was akin to the hot goalie in early March. Let's harken back to his one trip to the Lou this year where, with seven NBA scouts supposedly in the crowd, he threw out his stinker game of the year. Don't be emptying the good feelings tank so quickly. The Bonnies were Cinderfella last March --- highly unlikely to rise from the dead any time soon.