Do any of these teams scare you?

8 Michigan State 20-5 588 9 Georgetown 19-5 476 10 Baylor 21-4 464 11 UNLV 22-4 455 12 Florida 19-6 388 13 Marquette 21-5 386 14 Murray State 24-1 359 15 San Diego State 20-4 284 16 Saint Mary's 23-3 274 17 Wisconsin 19-6 255 18 Louisville 20-5 236 19 Michigan 19-7 190 20 Indiana 19-6 188 21 Florida State 17-7 145 22 Virginia 19-5 134 23 Mississippi State 19-6 95 24 Gonzaga 20-4 84 25 Notre Dame 17-8 76

I left out the Top 7 teams on purpose b/c I want people to focus on the bottom two thirds of the "good" teams. This is the coaches poll. I can honestly say that none of the teams scare me, and I think we could beat any of them on a neutral court. The ones that I think would be really tough matchups are Baylor and Georgetown. UNLV would be a pretty tough game as well....but teams like Gonzaga, ND, Marquette, Wisconsin.....they are all teams I think we would beat.

Well from this list, 2 that would concern me would be Wisc and Ind.

SLU can beat any of those teams especially on a neutral floor. The only team that i wouldn't like to face if I were a Billiken fan is Michigan St.

I took a shot at drawing up the brackets based upon the RPI and not considering the inevitable BCS gerrymandering. I did consider perameters such as SLU cannot be placed in the Midwest Regional, BYU cannot play on Sundays, Ohio State cannot be placed in Columbus, Louisville cannot be placed in Louisville, and Creighton cannot be placed in Omaha.

I have SLU as a 6th seed and playing 11th seed Long Beach State in Portland and in the West Regional. (Yes, this is wishful thinking, but there is much more involved than sentiment- see the preceding paragraph.) A win would pit SLU against the winner of #3 UNLV and #14 Nevada, also in Portland. I have Kansas as the #2 seed in SLU's bracket. SLU would run into Kansas in the Sweet 16 in Phoenix. I have Michigan State as the #1 seed in the West Regional. Really, without rigging it, this is about as good as we could possibly hope.

Of course, this is also Fantasy Island at this point.

The teams that concern me a little are the teams that play a similar style to what we play. Wisconsin, Virginia, Michigan St, Louisville, and Georgetown. All of these teams play lockdown defense like we do and have a bit more size. My concern would be if we had one of our 30% shooting nights and got beat at or own game. That being said, if we shoot it even average, we beat everyone on that list more times than we would lose to them.

The teams that concern me a little are the teams that play a similar style to what we play. Wisconsin, Virginia, Michigan St, Louisville, and Georgetown. All of these teams play lockdown defense like we do and have a bit more size. My concern would be if we had one of our 30% shooting nights and got beat at or own game. That being said, if we shoot it even average, we beat everyone on that list more times than we would lose to them.

I would love to see a defensive slugfest against Wisconsin...A 35-31 game would be well within the realm of possibility...with an over/under of 4 black eyes...

What scares me is if the team starts looking ahead (overlooking the current needs) like this board already seems to be doing. The clkiche is "one game at a time." I think that applies here for another reason: a season like this doesn't happen very often so relish it and enjoy every victory. Savor it. Act like you belong.

What scares me is if the team starts looking ahead (overlooking the current needs) like this board already seems to be doing. The clkiche is "one game at a time." I think that applies here for another reason: a season like this doesn't happen very often so relish it and enjoy every victory. Savor it. Act like you belong.

I don't understand why people get worked up about the board looking ahead. That is what fans do. It is not like the fans are suiting up.

I disagree that "a season like this doesn't happen very often." I think this will be the norm until Rick leaves.