Bills by 3 over La Salle

The Wiz

Factoring in how difficult I believe it is to win on the road, this is how I rate the remaining games from toughest to easiest 1) LaSalle 2) Xavier 3) Duquesne 4) Rhode Island 5) Richmond 6) Fordham

That seems about right to me. Along with others, I think X is the best team we have left to face. But, LaSalle is the 2nd of 2 road games. X is probably the most talented team in the A-10. However, they still don't seem like they have fully recovered from Cincy. Yes, they are 7-3 in conference right now (like us). But, after looking like they recovered with 3 nice wins in a row at home (double-digit victories over St. Bonnie, Duquesne and St. Joes), they have fallen back a bit in the last 6, going 3-3 with their wins being close calls on the road against GW and Charlotte and a home victory against bottom-feeder URI. They had an 11 point lead at Memphis and just p!ssed it away.

X is EASILY the most "talented" team we face from here on out. They were up to #8 in the country and looked like a very real final four contender before the incident at the end of the UC game. If they find "it" they could run the table themselves including winning the A-10 tournament. Would not be at all suprised if they wind up beating Temple this weekend.

Temple by 5 over X.

I would love to see X beat Temple. It would not only tie them with us on the lost side, but an X win would help us in the rankings after we whip them a second time.

Same story as the SJU game, don't let Galloway beat us. Have JJ and KM make that guy's day a very tough one. After you take away galloway, take away any other 3 point options. Let La Salle try to beat us from inside or from 2-point range.

CE continues his hot streak, KM has a solid day but i'm predicting JJ as the 2nd leading scorer behind CE.

Bills by 15.

Conklin gets 20 tomorrow

When was the last time Conk fouled out? Dwayne was torched last game. Cory's always good for at least a couple. Jordair plays so physical he gets tagged often. Conk The Enforcer....the other teams hate him but he is really efficient with his movement and doesn't ever seem out of control.

When was the last time Conk fouled out? Dwayne was torched last game. Cory's always good for at least a couple. Jordair plays so physical he gets tagged often. Conk The Enforcer....the other teams hate him but he is really efficient with his movement and doesn't ever seem out of control.

Conklin has fouled out of 2 games this season, @ LMU and @ Dayton. However, @ Dayton was at the very end of OT when the game was alreay won by Dayton. He has had only one 4 foul game since then, and that was @ Xavier.

Getting back to LaSalle--

One week I would have said that LaSalle was the hardest game left (certainly the one that worried me the most). LaSalle has not played as well this week but 3-point shooting teams, particularly at home, have to always be considered a problem. They shot the 3 ball well in their two losses, it is apparently the defense that is the problem. One good intangible is LaSalle does not get much help off the bench and I think SLU does well against teams with shallow benches (like St. Joe's) if they get on them early.

Lets be careful. LaSalle is much better than prior years, plays solid D, is at home, and is coming off two close losses. Their Galloway is better than St. Joe's. But BC should handle their frosh center. Our advantage: we've been sitting in Philly, while LaS had to return from Richmond on Thur.

i contend that X will be the toughest game prior to Atlantic City.

Agreed. They would like to return the favor. X still has talent, they're just not playing to it. But as the dance looms big on the horizon they'll start coming out of their Cincy Coma. X will be toughie, as will Duquense in Pitt..

And UMASS.

Let's hope the boys have learned their lesson and come out with energy. We just need to play our game for 40 minutes and we'll be fine. But can they do it 2 road games in a row?

I have no reason to think they wont. I honestly think that St. Joe's was the tougher of these two games. Our boys have been well rested enjoying cheesesteaks and yuenglings. I have a good feeling about this one.

I have no reason to think they wont. I honestly think that St. Joe's was the tougher of these two games. Our boys have been well rested enjoying cheesesteaks and yuenglings. I have a good feeling about this one.

But X was the tougher of the two games on that road trip.

Regardles, I'm like you, I have a good feeling about this game.

Best case scenario: Bills go 6-0 for rest of regular season, and then win the A-10 tournament. Definitely do-able. Final record is 28-5 (27-5 for purists). Then what NCAA seeding could they expect?

The NCAA would be in denial if this happens - their world would be spinning out of control.