Hey, Former BabyBlue...(SkyHawks)

TheBand

Word on the street is that J. Love may be returning to StLouis from China to play for the SkyHawks. True?

Aparantly Donnie Dobbs has been practicing with the squad and that Mo Jeffers will be here on friday nite with the Kansas Cagerz.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could play one of our exhibition games against the SkyHawks? Or just assemble a team of former Billikens to play. You could get Spoon or Grawer (or both) to coach them. That would be a lot more fun than playing Athletes in Action.

Actually I think the Skyhawks games are now played at Forest Park CC. I believe I heard Floyd say so on the radio.

Floyd is making an effort to get some local flavor on the Skyhawks to generate some interest. I would not be surprised to see many former billikens, tigers, illini what not given a chance to play for them.

I have heard that too about J.Love coming back to play for the skyhawks. I know the draft was yesterday, but I have heard that they are looking for a good point guard that knows to read screeen and knows how to pass. I have heard that we might be getting Chris Herran(Fresno State), if he is not with another team. I know ANtonio Rivers is on the team, he has been playing in South America the last few years. Also Johnnie Parker is on the team, JP Mitchum(Ladue,UIC). They are trying to Chris Carrawell

Taking Nick Kern with the 3rd pick in the draft???????

I have lost alot of respect for Irons. Irons has said repeatedly that he was not going to draft guys with college eligibility left. He was going to encourage kids to stay in school with this policy. Well Kern raises a stink and threatens to sue and Irons caves. Irons always takes care of his own doesn't he. Kern with a free ride to college now gets to play pro ball for peanuts. What a future he has.

Travon Bryant was also picked by Cedar Rapids.

I've talked to folks recently (remember, I'm a coach), and I've heard that Nick Kern is no student, whatsoever. He hasn't even been in school, and I don't think he plans on getting his head together to get in school, so minor-league pro ball is the best thing for him to stay out of the streets.

I know a person who works for the sky hawks. He said Irons wanted to pick Kern because it would draw local interest, like he is that good. the person I know said he tried to convince Irons to sign and not waste a draft pick on him but Irons did not listen. Kern will ot play my friend says he just not that good to go up aginst some of these other players.

Hell I watched Kern play up in west pine this past summer, he wasnt that great, all he di was *****. Jon Oden a former st louis area guy who played at Depaul and Souther Indiana was killing him all day with drives and jump shots

I guess Iron just wants to helpp another of his good hs player that cant make it at the next level which is alot. god I hope Polk can make it he would be one the few from Irons teams that would make it

majority brings up a great point. name a vashon player that has amounted to anything basketballwise after high school since and besides anthony bonner? i hope that dwayne makes us change our thinking on that.