frank trying to play schedule maker

Cowboy

Maybe the wise thing to do here would be to contact KU and schedule a 3 game series; a home and home and a neutral in KC or at the Scott. As I understand it KU's not real happy about Mizzery checking out of the big 12 and there's no reason for them, other than a longstanding rivalry of conference foes, to schedule them.

This certainly sounds like a great idea worth exploring if I were TPTB.

If Bradley Beal was still at Florida after this year, would you take a game with Florida at Scottrade Center?

The Gators play here in Fort Lauderdale every year at the Orange Bowl Classic. Saturday they played Texas A&M and a couple years ago they played Richmond. I don't know how may years that game is booked, but perhaps the Bills could play them in the next couple years with a return game in St. Louis. Not sure if SLU is crazy about paying rent at Scott Trade when there is a shiny new Arena on campus.

playing anyone "home" at scottrade or the dome takes away our home court advantage and really defeats the purpose of having chaifetz. while i want to play the big boys, i dont want to play them on neutral courts a mile away from home. continue to schedule better teams and keep winning and eventually those big boys have to play us at our place.

Living here in Charleston, I'm always impressed by the CofCharleston sched and the teams they can get to come to Charleston. UNC, TN, and Louisville's coming this week. I've never really understood the whole thought process behind scheduling non con games. I know there's a lot of factors involved, ie RPI, attendance, getting a player before his hometown, but if the game makes sense from a $$$ point of view for any school, say like a KU, to come and play us at the Fetz, why don't they?

We have a home court ---- play us there. We get like 6 to 7 thousand fans a game. In Chaifetz, that would leave about 3 thousand seats for walk up. At ScottTrade, that would equate into 13 thousand seats all likely occupied by a pro-Mizzou crowd. It becomes a de facto home game for them.

We have a home court ---- play us there. We get like 6 to 7 thousand fans a game. In Chaifetz, that would leave about 3 thousand seats for walk up. At ScottTrade, that would equate into 13 thousand seats all likely occupied by a pro-Mizzou crowd. It becomes a de facto home game for them.

Bingo. This is the sole reason why I wouldn't want to see us play Mizzou. There are a lot of reasons why I would love to see us play them, but, for the time being, I'm still OK with them turning us down. With the exception of the posters and readers (what I mostly do) of this board, SLU doesn't have a huge following. That's not going to change for at least a few more years, despite what all of us want. If we play MU, even at the 'fetz; unless we're selling tickets to only people who bleed blue and white, pretty much every extra ticket outside of the season ticket holders would go to Mizzou fans, and suddenly that 'away' game for them turns into a home game for the MU fans in StL. AKA, the Missouri State game a couple of years ago. I'm glad to see that we are having better attendance this year, but until we have a crowd that will stay the entire game, even when we're winning by 30 (the rush to the exits was astounding at the second media timeout on Saturday), we don't need to play MU. Not until we start selling out almost every game. Otherwise, their 'fans' will fill every open seat. Most of the people at our games have to be prompted to stand up and yell/cheer. If we played MU, those idiots that came to support MU wouldn't be seated at any point during the game. They have nothing better to do in their lives than drive up from JeffCo and cheer for a team where their cousin almost got accepted to college.

Summary: (1) Maintain a great program for several years (2) Develop a strong fan base, based on step 1 (3) Play Mizzou