Where can I get the SLU t-shirt?

Before the Marquette game, the SGA had a pep rally on SLU's campus and I picked up a blue t-shirt with the huge SLU on the front and the Billiken face on the back. A lot of the students are wearing them now. Anyway, I have had several people tell me they really liked the shirt and asked me to get them one or where I got it. Does anyone know if I can still get these shirts or where to get them?

....and I don't think the answer is the SLU bookstore. They have never had anything desirable there in years. By the way, I also have been asking the SLU bookstore and the Savvis people if they could start selling a SLU car flag to put on the car on the way to games.....of course, that seems to way out there for the SLU marketing/merchandising dept to think of! ....or how about a promotion to give car flags away at a Billiken game??

check slubillikens.com they have a link for some merchandise also the new bookstore has a better selection. I was on campus a few weeks ago and it seems that people now (quite a few of them) are actually wearing SLU apparel whereas before it was rare.

The car flags are expensive and usually sell for about $12 ea. I think rally towels or shakers (pom pom on stick) would be good and help to create some atmosphere.

I know these are not what you were originally looking for, but I picked up a couple SLU t-shirts at the Sports Fanattic in West County Mall. One is grey with "Saint Louis Billikens" in blue on the front along with the Billiken head. The other is white with "Saint Louis Billikens" in blue on the chest along with the Billiken. And on the back is the Billiken.

I was looking for something like that to bring to the Iowa game and rooting around I found a rally towel that had to be close to 20 years old. It was blue and had the old style Billiken on it. I also found a white one that I can remember getting from the old kiel. Just by coincidence the person who sat next to me at the Iowa game brought his along too. He commented on how old it was and he was the only one who probably still had it. He was surprised when I pulled mine out.

Also does anyone remember when they gave away miniature billiken basketballs away at the old kiel? I had mine for years and played with it till it literally fell apart.

I'm not sure if those shirts are still available or not, since they did sell pretty well when they were sold before the Marquette and Louisville games. I think that either SGA or SAB (not sure which it one) was behind those shirt sales, so they would probably be the best source for information on that.

On a side note, those shirts were sold for $5 each, and I ended up with an extra one after the Marquette game. I sold that extra one to my Mom for $5, and she donated the shirt to an auction, where I believe it sold for $10, which surprised me because things normally go for below value at this certain auction.

>I know these are not what you were originally looking for,

>but I picked up a couple SLU t-shirts at the Sports Fanattic

>in West County Mall. One is grey with "Saint Louis

>Billikens" in blue on the front along with the Billiken

>head. The other is white with "Saint Louis Billikens" in

>blue on the chest along with the Billiken. And on the back

>is the Billiken.

do you know if they still have those shirts at West County Mall??? and do you know if they have sweatshirts too??? thanks!

for us still interested in the campus happening old time alum's, what is the slu worlds fair?

I had to walk through some of it to get to class today, and honestly I'm not too sure what exactly it was. I thought it was going to be all mainly the different international student organizations, each with a table about each country, but when I walked through I saw tables from the Graduate School as well and other things I wouldn't associate with a World's Fair. This week was Atlas Week at SLU, which is a week dedicated to learning other cultures. The featured spreaker for Atlas Week was F.W. DeKlerk.