OT- Cards are only 2 out on the loss side ...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Cards just took 3 out of 4 from the Phils who would be their opponent. Personally I'd rather have the Phils in the NLDS where you only have to beat them 3 times and they get a heavy dose of Carp and Jackson. If they can somehow sneak into the playoffs they're not a team I'd want to play.

Nobody is scared of the cardinals, they are a mediocre team in a mediocre division.

A heavy dose of Jackson and carp???? C'mon man (NFL countdown chris Carter voice).

Nobody is scared of the cardinals, they are a mediocre team in a mediocre division.

A heavy dose of Jackson and carp???? C'mon man (NFL countdown chris Carter voice).

I doubt the Phillies are interested in seeing the Cardinals again. They are probably content with not seeing the Giants either.

Bill Parcells says you are what your record is. But even if the standings don't show it, I think the Cardinals are better than Milwaukee and Atlanta, and that the Giants are better than Arizona, even the 2011 Hitless Wonder Giants.

That was a devastating, numbing loss yesterday. Hopefully, the Cards can turn the page starting tonight against the Cubs.

Always nice to know that in the NL Central you always have another sub .500 opponent to look forward to.

Again, look at the phillies pitching staff, lineup, and results this year...they aren't scared of the cardinals. (I'm unbiased- a fan of neither team)

Aren't you a fan of the Detroit Tigers, a team that got smoked by a supposedly inferior team in the 2006 World Series (St. Louis Cardinals), a team that hasn't won a world championship since 1984 and a team that is hoping that the AL East will be more worried about themselves so that they might have a chance to ride Verlander to a luckbox win in the AL, only to get swept by the Phillies? Or am I mistaken? ;)

Regardless, I agree with your assessment of the Cards. The Phils don't have the long line of crappy-a$$ losses that the Cards have. The Cards have a great lineup, when healthy...yet, it is rarely in place. And it is because of that, that Cards fans have a hard time believing that the team is actually devoted to winning.

As it stands, the Cards are 3 games back with 5 to play...That loss Thurs night REALLY looms large now, no matter how TLR tries to spin it!

My theory got shot down about as fast as John Smif.

Well, it was a good run while it lasted. Fun couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we are toast.

How did cards do tonight??

We know you have Espn, check the ticker. Why the hatred for St. Louis sports? You do call it home you know.

Unfortunately for the Cards, their bullpen might be the worst in all of baseball. Maybe the Mets being the exception but they shouldn't count.

I say bye bye 5, TLR and Mo.....

Was streaming the KTRS radio feed on the drive back from the ND Club game watch party and you just gotta love Mike Shannon. As an unabashed Yankees fan, but having lived in STL enough to develop a lukewarm feeling towards Cardinal nation, you almost couldn't hear him or Rooney over the crowd of 42k at Busch today. Great win for your Redbirds and here's to a Cards-Yanks Fall Classic which would truly be a classic. I'd love to see Sabbathia and Pujols do battle from 60"6.

Was streaming the KTRS radio feed on the drive back from the ND Club game watch party and you just gotta love Mike Shannon. As an unabashed Yankees fan, but having lived in STL enough to develop a lukewarm feeling towards Cardinal nation, you almost couldn't hear him or Rooney over the crowd of 42k at Busch today. Great win for your Redbirds and here's to a Cards-Yanks Fall Classic which would truly be a classic. I'd love to see Sabbathia and Pujols do battle from 60"6.

haha just laughed looking at your new avatar, 'Maobama'.

Cards > Evil Empire (although I'm cheering for the Sox to collapse)

I'll admit, the cards do have a chance considering their last 2 series are against some of the worst teams in baseball.

I may have to make it to Busch Stadium tomorrow to see Pujols' last game in a redbird uniform. Historical.

Pujols = 35 years old. Goodbye!

there's been plenty of speculation about the age of Pujols. However, in the post-9/11 world, there's almost no way to fake it. A few other players have been caught up in this. It's not like the days of David Green.

Albert came to america before 9/11 and I doubt homeland security or the nsa is working with mlb to uncover falsified birth certificates of major league players. Count me in the group that believes he is older than he saYs

Albert came to america before 9/11 and I doubt homeland security or the nsa is working with mlb to uncover falsified birth certificates of major league players. Count me in the group that believes he is older than he saYs

Pujols is 35. I got this info from eastsidejoe's source who told us majok majok was signing with SLU, in the bag.

there's been plenty of speculation about the age of Pujols. However, in the post-9/11 world, there's almost no way to fake it. A few other players have been caught up in this. It's not like the days of David Green.

Pujols showed up in Independence, MO, over 14 years ago to play 2 yrs of high school ball, had been in NY for awhile.

No papers. He was 21, claimed to be 18. He is holding together well, got to give him credit, though he has had some assistance.

I hope we sign him, but shouldn't give him more than 2 yr deal. That is it for me on the subject... an old one.

Post-9/11 world? Hell, it is still going on today. Read the newspapers. TODAY:

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Florida Marlins closer Leo Nunez admitted Friday to using fake documents and a fake ID to sign a professional contract more than a year ago.

Pujols showed up in Independence, MO, over 14 years ago to play 2 yrs of high school ball, had been in NY for awhile.

No papers. He was 21, claimed to be 18. He is holding together well, got to give him credit, though he has had some assistance.

I hope we sign him, but shouldn't give him more than 2 yr deal. That is it for me on the subject... an old one.

Post-9/11 world? Hell, it is still going on today. Read the newspapers. TODAY:

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Florida Marlins closer Leo Nunez admitted Friday to using fake documents and a fake ID to sign a professional contract more than a year ago.

Pujols didn't become a US citizen until 2007. If you know anybody who was working in the US without citizenship after 9/11, the U.S. govt. became real ballbreakers after that. Especially if you left the country and tried to come back. I don't claim to know how old AP5 is, but I know that it wasn't as easy to come in and out of the country as you might think.

See my other response about this. Also, care to provide any proof?

BTW, I heard that Peter Wolf is actually older than he claims.

Good thing you have that saved to Microsoft Word so you only have to copy and paste it every 3 weeks.