Tisby update

Found this on Tisby over at the Creighton board--they are looking at another player mentioned in the article. The article gives a good write up on where Tisby has been. I have heard a bunch of schools are after Tisby, it looks like South Carolina is making him a priority. Hope the link works.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/8289793.htm

the article doesn't even mention him showing interest in SLU. Are we now tracking players who we would like to see SLU get but SLU isn't showing interest in?

Plus, with all of the travels and transfers this kid has done (on his third school now) what are the odds of him having enough transferable credits to play at SLU with the new NCAA regs?

According to Pdiddy, the word on the street was that SLU was hot on the trail of Tisby.

He qualified out of high school and began at a four-year college. Didn't we debate this topic a few months ago on this board and conclude that it is much easier for this type of juco to transfer and qualify?

i agree with david. if he got into bradley, that is a pretty nice school. i would think he would be fine academically.

as to the fact slu isnt even mentioned. that is about par for the course our whole billiken existence. we never get credit for being in the hunt on players. frank c mentioned on the air last week that he was told by very good program sources that the billikens are very close on two separate juco pf's. one in kansas the other in florida. is it only coincidence that tysby is in kansas and newborne is in florida?

Tisby has been mentioned in the past as a player SLU is after. Tisby Newborne & Foster are the only three that I have heard of SLU looking at for the last scholarship--I am sure there are more, but I haven't heard any other names.

I would much rather talk about articles on SLU recruiting targets where SLU is not mentioned than re-hash old arguements about B12, Missouri, etc. So I posted this--I thought other people might like the read as well.

the problem would be with credits transferring into SLU considering the movements he's made. It is easier for a player who qualifies out of HS and goes JUCO anyway or a player who transfers from a 4 year to a 2 year (like Tom) to transfer to SLU but with the movements this guy has had (4 year, 4 year, 2 year) there may be some issues there.

because he signed in the Fall. All he had to do was get a passing grade in an English class and he would have qualified. at this poit they should know the majority of the necessary grades for any player. Furthermore, I doubt they will want to make the same mistake twice.