Mitchell Cleared

slufan13

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote name='BustedDreams49' timestamp='1295479412' post='260634']

You think SLU's going to spend an extra dime on anything they don't have to?

Also may have to do with keeping the kids in class.

I am aware that the redshirt does not have to be formally declared at this point, but by not making a definititve statement, the question will continue to come up in the media. RM will do his radio show tomorrow and likely the question about KM will be asked. RM's statement in the P-D article only talks about tonight's game. The door does not seemed to be closed for KM coming back for the URI game. RM has gone from saying that he would "advise KM not to play, but it is his decision"... to "he has to be cleared by the NCAA first"... to he is not playing against Fordham... none of his statements that I have seen address KM's plans for the rest of the season. Maybe KM has not made a decision yet. Maybe RM wants to keep people guessing? My concern is that KM will want to play against URI.

Who cares if the question continues to come up? Are you expecting straight, consistent answers from RM? We're lucky RM isn't talking about sausages.

You think SLU's going to spend an extra dime on anything they don't have to?

Did SLU agree to give Daniel Lisch a free ride for one year? That's worth $30,000 plus compared to a few plane tickets and half a hotel room.

Does Femi get to go on the road games?

Who cares if the question continues to come up? Are you expecting straight, consistent answers from RM? We're lucky RM isn't talking about sausages.

I find Majerus to be one who gives more straight answers than most coaches. Often he is brutally honest. Like Bob Ramsey suggested, there likely is a strategic reason Majerus is being coy, because it is not his norm. Don't let some of the crazy stories he tells fool you. It may take him a while to deliver it, but he is typically consistent in his answers.

Who cares if the question about KM's status continues to come up? Well, while you may be more interested in sausages, those who are concerned about the direction of the program do care. And sure enough, our team's beat writer addressed it last night at the end of his article - "And SLU is now at a point where it knows the hand it will be playing with for the rest of the season. The last question, the status of point guard Kwamain Mitchell, was answered Tuesday with Majerus saying that Mitchell would not play in the remaining 13 regular-season games, plus anything else that's out there after that. Mitchell sat on the bench in uniform on Wednesday."

And like I thought, the question would continue to come up in the media. Just this afternoon it came up again when Bernie Miklasz asked RM the same question about the plans for Mitchell. Majerus gave a very direct answer, like he should have and closed the matter. And yes, I do expect consistent answers from RM, because that is what he usually gives. Glad KM will have the extra year. The possibility of him playing in the 2012-13 season will have a huge impact.

-i hope KM and WR take this time to get all academics in order and ready to bolt from the gate in the fall

-i hope we have success for the rest of this year, but part of me is already looking forward to next season, i just hope we have the roster we anticipate for the full season