Prediction on players returning

bbill

They both come back and play this year. Also, the girl in question also returns and takes over the PA duties from Girl Phillips.

For what it's worth... my wife's cousin is a senior at Mizzou and at Christmas I asked what the Dixon situation was. He said he bailed on study hall and was caught cheating on a final. Interesting he only got 2 games for that.

I have heard similar info. It is not surprising that it was a slap on the wrist at Mizzou and he came back in time for the Illinois game. The boosters wouldn't allow anything more severe.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem pretty sure. I assume you have a good source.

Don't play with us now <_<

I have no source on them being readmitted. That is just a hunch.

As for them redshirting, I am going on RM who has said that is what he will suggest they do. I just don't see the point of burning a year of eligibility on the hope that you can win a conference tournament, which is what it would come down to.

I think both will be back. KM might redshirt but Willie will play.

Taking this the other way in terms of players coming back...what are the chances we return all 5 guys in this years class next year? The brief history of Majerus' tenure here would suggest at least 2 are gone. JB isnt going to leave before setting foot on the court and I don't see Loe leaving. One of the PG's might but that sure would be awful to loose one of them, both have A-10 POY potential imo.

I think both will be back. KM might redshirt but Willie will play.

Taking this the other way in terms of players coming back...what are the chances we return all 5 guys in this years class next year? The brief history of Majerus' tenure here would suggest at least 2 are gone. JB isnt going to leave before setting foot on the court and I don't see Loe leaving. One of the PG's might but that sure would be awful to loose one of them, both have A-10 POY potential imo.

To me, the biggest risk in players that are not coming back will be due to grades, the second being how they can put up with Majerus. Can one of the players not be performing in the classroom and the coach says you would probably be better off somewhere else? Look at Billiken history: Biles, Edwin, Pulley, probably Jordan, etc.

Can I see someone getting sick of Majerus? Yes, it could happen to any of the freshmen, although he is playing these guys so much, they might be less likely to do so.

To me, the biggest risk in players that are not coming back will be due to grades, the second being how they can put up with Majerus. Can one of the players not be performing in the classroom and the coach says you would probably be better off somewhere else? Look at Billiken history: Biles, Edwin, Pulley, probably Jordan, etc.

Can I see someone getting sick of Majerus? Yes, it could happen to any of the freshmen, although he is playing these guys so much, they might be less likely to do so.

According to Jordan, he was kicked off because RM told him he wasn't good enough, not because of possible academic issues.

I don't think coach will tell WR or KM to transfer.

I'm sure hoping they both come back and play this season. We will be alright without KM in the 2012-13 season. Our current guards could see that as a playing time issue for them in the future if he stuck around that extra year. WR will likely want to go pro that year anyway. Let's make some noise in the A-10 now!

They are going to both get readmitted. They wouldn't get criteria for admission such as the service hours if they weren't going to accept them.

I guarantee this (as long as they met all their conditions)

bk, do me a favor and amplify on that. You believe that the fact the kangaroos set out criteria for readmission means that, so long as the stipulated conditions are met (i.e., service hours and apology), that the students are readmitted? Is that based on past experience with the way the discipline board works?

I am curious to see how the players react to this and the board for that matter. I understand many feel Willie was treated wrongly and what not, however he did leave very quickly and was proceeding to talk to other schools while Mitchell did not. Hypothetically speaking, say the school lets him back in, what if the team doesn't want him back? Just wondering what you guys thought about it.

My prediction however,

Mitchell returns and plays

Willie does not

I am curious to see how the players react to this and the board for that matter. I understand many feel Willie was treated wrongly and what not, however he did leave very quickly and was proceeding to talk to other schools while Mitchell did not. Hypothetically speaking, say the school lets him back in, what if the team doesn't want him back? Just wondering what you guys thought about it.

My prediction however,

Willie does not

sluball-

The team wants him back, he communicates with all of them including assistant coaches via phone/text.

This thread is becoming annoying and raises no new information or facts. Lets just wait until Jan. 3rd. Pray SLU doesn't screw this up.

My prediction however,

Willie does not

If the team doesnt want him back then someone needs to sit them down and show them video of how awful they are at rebounding. Then show clips from the Portland game where they couldnt stop a medicore big man from dropping 145 points on them. Then show some film of all the stupid turnovers theyve made this year.

After that they can show some video of KM handling the ball and dishing out assissts and WR grabbing boards and blocking shots and I bet the team changes their minds pretty quick.

bk, do me a favor and amplify on that. You believe that the fact the kangaroos set out criteria for readmission means that, so long as the stipulated conditions are met (i.e., service hours and apology), that the students are readmitted? Is that based on past experience with the way the discipline board works?

if they set out objective criteria for admission, they can't say you met it but its not good enough. If they said 50 hours and they do 50, they can't say well you should have done 60.

There are some subjective things they might try to pull off like the letter wasn't sincere etc. But regardless, its pretty much set in stone if they do what they were asked.

if they set out objective criteria for admission, they can't say you met it but its not good enough. If they said 50 hours and they do 50, they can't say well you should have done 60.

There are some subjective things they might try to pull off like the letter wasn't sincere etc. But regardless, its pretty much set in stone if they do what they were asked.

My experience with academic administrative bodies is that they do what they subjectively feel in their collective gut to be right, damn the precedent and reasoning. Nothing about their mode of operation is "set in stone". Hope you are right that this is a done deal so long as Willie and KM hold up their end of the bargain.

I'm sure hoping they both come back and play this season. We will be alright without KM in the 2012-13 season. Our current guards could see that as a playing time issue for them in the future if he stuck around that extra year. WR will likely want to go pro that year anyway. Let's make some noise in the A-10 now!

Agree completely. The A-10 is not as good this year. Let's get them back, hope we get it rolling by the end of February and take our chances in the conference tournament. At the very least, having this group of players get to play together this year will really help us hit the ground running next season.

My experience with academic administrative bodies is that they do what they subjectively feel in their collective gut to be right, damn the precedent and reasoning. Nothing about their mode of operation is "set in stone". Hope you are right that this is a done deal so long as Willie and KM hold up their end of the bargain.

+1

If precedent or reasoning had anything to do with the process, we wouldn't be in this predicament to begin with. My gut tells me SLU will screw this up and we're given the shaft.

You sure about that? Some players might but not sure about others

That is coming from an assistant coach on the bball team. I'll tell him that 'westy' from the board says that he is wrong.

Who cares if 1-2 may not...do you think Rickma & porter take a team poll and maybe hire a therapist to deal with the feelings that building a better team creates??

That is coming from an assistant coach on the bball team. I'll tell him that 'westy' from the board says that he is wrong.

Who cares if 1-2 may not...do you think Rickma & porter take a team poll and maybe hire a therapist to deal with the feelings that building a better team creates??

I agree, who cares if 1 or 2 players dont want him back but your orginial statement is wrong. Tell the assistant that I dont care.

I agree, who cares if 1 or 2 players dont want him back but your orginial statement is wrong. Tell the assistant that I dont care.

Is it wrong?

Similarly, would it be wrong then to say that America elected Barack Obama to be our President given the fact that not EVERY American wanted him? Or that the House of Representatives selected Nancy Pelosi to be their leader even though many Democrats disagreed?

Is it wrong?

Similarly, would it be wrong then to say that America elected Barack Obama to be our President given the fact that not EVERY American wanted him? Or that the House of Representatives selected Nancy Pelosi to be their leader even though many Democrats disagreed?

It wouldnt be wrong but more than 1 or 2 players dont want him and its closer to the majority then you think