Recruiting In St. Louis

SLUSLU

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, it isn't a high priority?

Then why do you always roam the hallways mad at someone on this board. I don't get it. But honestly, how I come off across on billikens is not THAT high up on my priorities, but i think it is high on yours. That's all

Hahahahahaha. Nice.

Really, it isn't a high priority?

Then why do you always roam the hallways mad at someone on this board. I don't get it. But honestly, how I come off across on billikens is not THAT high up on my priorities, but i think it is high on yours. That's all

I guess you and NH go to grade school together. You guys should take this out on each other at recess and keep it off here. You two look childish.

I guess you and NH go to grade school together. You guys should take this out on each other at recess and keep it off here. You two look childish.

Yeah, NH and I are still in grade school. Since we are so "dumb and ignorant" the nuns have held us back year after year. At least we are 5-time cyc basketball champs. If Majerus really wants to recruit local, he needs to start spending his sundays at the cyc games.

Just give it up duder...

As a freshman, Harris only played 8 minutes per game averaging 1.46 rebounds and 1.54 points. He became a major contributor his second year, essentially filling the rebounding gap left by Dobbs.

Evans has been a major contributor as a freshman and I would expect him to take a step forward next year.

Why should I "give it up" when now you're reversing field and agree with me?

You said: "The latter 2 were essentially more seasoned variations of Dwayne Evans." You included Jeff Harris as a freshman. So, since Harris's freshman contributions were less than Evans's this year, how was he a more seasoned version of Evans?

Yeah, NH and I are still in grade school. Since we are so "dumb and ignorant" the nuns have held us back year after year. At least we are 5-time cyc basketball champs. If Majerus really wants to recruit local, he needs to start spending his sundays at the cyc games.

I guess by now you two should be able to dunk and drive yourselves to St. Clement for school. At this rate you guys will be like that 25 year old playing for FSU with 2 years of eligibility left.

I will come tape you guys ballin' in the gym on Sunday and I will be your Dan Poneman/V-time and get you mad schollies! I will tape you with my iPhone 4 and post your mad skills on my Facebook and Twitter. I friended Bill Self on Facebook just last week so you guys will be hooked up. Make sure you wear a headband and your sleeve -it makes you look for real.

I guess by now you two should be able to dunk and drive yourselves to St. Clement for school. At this rate you guys will be like that 25 year old playing for FSU with 2 years of eligibility left.

I will come tape you guys ballin' in the gym on Sunday and I will be your Dan Poneman/V-time and get you mad schollies! I will tape you with my iPhone 4 and post your mad skills on my Facebook and Twitter. I friended Bill Self on Facebook just last week so you guys will be hooked up. Make sure you wear a headband and your sleeve -it makes you look for real.

St. Clement Sucks. I would drop 20 on them. Bring on Founders for some real competition.

I shot 100% on threes (1 for 1) in my high school career. Suck it. Averaged 14 and 8 my final CYC season. NBD.

Don't need your help getting offers. Expect coach K to offer a scholly any day now.

St. Clement Sucks. I would drop 20 on them. Bring on Founders for some real competition.

I shot 100% on threes (1 for 1) in my high school career. Suck it. Averaged 14 and 8 my final CYC season. NBD.

Don't need your help getting offers. Expect coach K to offer a scholly any day now.

I heard you played an entire season shooting left-handed and still posted 14 a game. You need a videoman if you want to take it to the next level.

Why should I "give it up" when now you're reversing field and agree with me?

You said: "The latter 2 were essentially more seasoned variations of Dwayne Evans." You included Jeff Harris as a freshman. So, since Harris's freshman contributions were less than Evans's this year, how was he a more seasoned version of Evans?

You questioned whether or not this years team (w/ KM and WR) was more talented than the mid 90s team(s). In comparing this year's team to those teams, I pointed out that it's difficult to compare a team that relies heavily on freshmen (read: undeveloped talent) to teams that didn't rely on freshman at all.

Yes, Harris was on one of those teams when he was a freshman, but he was not counted on for much. He played a major role the following year after Dobbs was gone. So, sophomore Jeff Harris - the guy who helped SLU win an NCAA first round game - is more seasoned than freshman Dwayne Evans.

The point is that we don't really know what we have until the players get a full season of D-1 experience under their belt.

You questioned whether or not this years team (w/ KM and WR) was more talented than the mid 90s team(s). In comparing this year's team to those teams, I pointed out that it's difficult to compare a team that relies heavily on freshmen (read: undeveloped talent) to teams that didn't rely on freshman at all.

Yes, Harris was on one of those teams when he was a freshman, but he was not counted on for much. He played a major role the following year after Dobbs was gone. So, sophomore Jeff Harris - the guy who helped SLU win an NCAA first round game - is more seasoned than freshman Dwayne Evans.

The point is that we don't really know what we have until the players get a full season of D-1 experience under their belt.

It's not difficult, at all, to compare a team which relies heavily on freshmen to a team which is junior- and senior-dominated. The results we've seen speak for themselves. When Claggett and Highmark, the foundation of the mid-90s NCAA Tournament teams, were underclassmen, the team struggled. Similarly, this year's team, sans two star juniors, is also struggling.

I'm not saying that the talent level of the 2010-11 squad doesn't compare to that of the 1994-95 squad; I'm saying that it doesn't appear cut-and-dried to me that the talent level and depth of the '11 squad is vastly better, if better at all. They may just be comparable.

It's not difficult, at all, to compare a team which relies heavily on freshmen to a team which is junior- and senior-dominated. The results we've seen speak for themselves. When Claggett and Highmark, the foundation of the mid-90s NCAA Tournament teams, were underclassmen, the team struggled. Similarly, this year's team, sans two star juniors, is also struggling.

I'm not saying that the talent level of the 2010-11 squad doesn't compare to that of the 1994-95 squad; I'm saying that it doesn't appear cut-and-dried to me that the talent level and depth of the '11 squad is vastly better, if better at all. They may just be comparable.

Exactly. Not saying CS, CR, etc. will be as good as Highmark and Claggett, etc. Instead, though, we remember how good Highmark, Claggett, etc. were but it is fact that their Freshman team won only 5 games (and our Frosh sat the bench for most of the until the defections occurred) and then they won only 12 games their Soph year. Don't get me wrong. We saw flashes or glimpses of what these guys could do their Frosh and Soph years. Will we see enough of the same from CR and CS by the end of this year? I hope so.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

The 92-93 team struggled because they only had 3 good players, not because Claggett and Highmark were underclassmen. 'The Big 3' were able to keep them in most games, but usually games slipped away in the 2nd half.

Not saying CS, CR, etc. will be as good as Highmark and Claggett, etc. Instead, though, we remember how good Highmark, Claggett, etc. were but it is fact that their Freshman team won only 5 games (and our Frosh sat the bench for most of the until the defections occurred) and then they won only 12 games their Soph year. Don't get me wrong. We saw flashes or glimpses of what these guys could do their Frosh and Soph years. Will we see enough of the same from CR and CS by the end of this year? I hope so.

CS is old for his class. He's not going to get any quicker, and he's already improved defensively as much as he's going to. Unless he can find his 3pt shot, he's not going to significantly improve over what we've seen.

CR is young for his class and could very well mature into a valuable low post presence.

Neither of those guys is going to suddenly become a major contributor this year. Ellis is the sophomore whose development (or lack thereof) we should be focusing on.

Agree with some but not all.

CS is still only in his second year - and second year in the States. CS must make a double adjustment - college and America. Also being thrown into a starting role last year may have really hurt his confidence. Even this year, we have no 3 pt shooter to help take pressure off. I am not ready to give up on him yet and believe he DOES have more upside.

CR has been disappointing so far but I did not expect him to be able to replace WR.

CE is definitely the mystery so far. Again though without KM and any outside threat, the pressure only increases for him.

I am reminded how much improved a MLB pitching staff looks when they get their ace back.