thicks

Box and Won

He wouldn't let you give him the facts. Every time you started to make a point, he'd cut you off. The whole time he was complaining about Duquesne and Fordham, I was sitting here yelling "what about Northern Iowa and Drake!" which you also brought up.

...when Claibs said he had't had the chance to do any research on the A-10 issue. THATS YOUR JOB!! He is supposed to have more information than the average listener.

Too bad thicks...your points were well spoken, he just wouldnt listen. He's not the only one over there that doesn't think SLU fits with the A-10. Caught Wilson during his hockey show sarcasticly saying he cant wait for the Rhode Island game tix to go on sale. Harry at 1380 also is a Valley apologist and doesn't get it either. Its a case where Claibs, and Harry are just going with knee jerk reaction as opposed to true research.

Again, nice job. I didnt realize it was you at first (didnt catch Claibs saying your name) but i recognized the points brought up by Billikens.com right away.

I didn't really think I would change Claiborne's opinion (does anyone else suspect he just has a grudge against the Billiken program and will argue down anything that benefits it?), but I didn't want listeners of the show think that the FANS would view going to the A-10 as harmful. Perhaps some objective (read: non-Mizzou fans/SLU haters) listeners got it, despite Claiborne's bluster.

i had turned it off when the first idiot was feeding claiborne the creighton b.s. i was so po'd. i couldnt stand it. pulled into a quick shop and bought a six pack of beer to take home. and then when i came back out i put in the blues brother cd so as not to listen to it anymore. good thing, i probably would have broke something.

it is amazing how block headed this goofballs are. they bring up the extremes like fordham to prove their point, but then they wont listen to northern iowa or drake. the one thing that always amazes me is there is some unspoken belief that the st louis fans will all at once flock to the savvis to see all the mvc games. if that was true, where the hell have they been for the siu and sms games the last few years? if that was true, then why is the savvis half empty for the conference tourney each year. that is another thing. they all rave about the damn mvc tourney, which as a fanatic i go to each year, but you know what, if they have 10k there that is lucky. last couple of years at cincy and louisville cusa has had 15-18k at the games. these media losers dont know what a good crowd is. the whole thing makes me crazy. the bad thing is that the casual fan eats it up. they dont know the truth and when someone like thicks who is informed tries to explain it, they cut him off. idiots. idiots. idiots.

well of course claiborne wanted to make the "typical" billiken fan look bad. man that makes me mad. what a jerk. just remember all, our "voice of the billikens" is this a-hole's friend. that alone ought to get him fired by association!

while i no longer am a fan of ramsey's that last line was a joke. of course he shouldnt be fired for being idiot claiborne's friend. he should be fired for not being more of a billiken fan and booster 24/7.

You made an excellent point re those who previously couldn't care less about SLU now knowing what's best for the Billikens and their fans.

Mike C. could not name the teams in today's A-10, he would probably stop guessing at 10, nor could he name half of the coaches! Mike should just state that he doesn't know enough about the topic to have a valid opinion ...... but that's not his style when SLU is involved.

you can never win on these call in shows. they control the volume, the hang up switch, and obviously have the last word. i long ago quit calling if i couldnt at least get a fair chance to make my point let alone think about even winning the debate. i will call frank, only because i know he is open minded and a billiken fan. i have talked to him off the air and i know he will give a fair shake. the rest (and i mean the rest. no one else will let you present the opposition)is a worthless cause. either call with support or information but no sense in debating them. they always win.

Yeah, i mentioned that many of the pro-MVC callers are not educated about the A-10. Claiborne said that it's not that they're not educated, but that they haven't had a chance to look at the information. Okay: six or a half-dozen, it's the same thing. I suspect most of the backers of the SLU-to-the-Valley movement will NEVER get a "chance" to become educated on the A-10.

Thicks, are you kidding me?????? Attack Roy????? What in the hell did I say? That was a negative comment directed at the media. That is truly one way to win - quit listening to their shows. Does that not seem easy enough? I was making a statement. I wasn't being smug and I wasn't being sarcastic. I was making a statement. Please don't fuel the fire. I have never attacked anybody on this board. I can't even think of a time where I reacted even harshly to somebody attacking me. If I had, I didn't realize it, but from day one I have injected humor and lightheartedness to my posts. If somebody wants to take that wrong, they need to lighten up as my intentions were never meant to be harmful. And, I don't appreciate you playing moderator, because it is situations just like this where somebody took something wrong - and unfortunately, it was a third party! Reread all the thread, if you feel like playing moderator and want to end "attacks", then you should direct that where it is warranted.

Tonka, maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but I thought it was you who started that whole starched boxers thing. I actually thought that was somewhat humorous. But my gripe here was the jab about the six-pack and Roy needing help (lightening up, I guess) in your other post in this thread. I feel it's out of place to bog this topic down with that old stuff.

Moreover, I was not playing moderator in asking you why you keep this thing going some days later. I feel I should be able to post a request or comment just like anyone else. Now if I deleted or edited your post, then I was "playing moderator." But I didn't do that. *I* don't appreciate your suggesting I'm abusing my duties as moderator.