Loe's NLI

good news; and a GLOWING report from RM and staff. Sounds like a quality kid, and I love bigs who can pass!

Evidently Coach M and Porter and Harriman did not watch the Nike Hoops Summit, or whatever that thing was called, since they did not immediately revoke the schollie...

ps: if someone does end-of-year nominations; I think that thread on Loe's performance at that all-star game may qualify as one of the lamest and most inane threads in billikens.com history; at the very least, it must be among the most idiotic of the year.

I actually watched a few minutes of that game (!), and other than being mildly impressed by a few of those guys (the Turk going unfortunately to KY is going to be a very good one); I admit that I learned almost nothing about Rob Loe. I was deeply amazed that so many on here believed they were prepared to make long-term predictions based on that alley game, but then again, maybe I am not a very good observer, or judge of talent like the others.

on a side note: I am on a billikens.com diet: one post a month--how's that working for everyone? does anyone miss me???

good news; and a GLOWING report from RM and staff. Sounds like a quality kid, and I love bigs who can pass!

Evidently Coach M and Porter and Harriman did not watch the Nike Hoops Summit, or whatever that thing was called, since they did not immediately revoke the schollie...

ps: if someone does end-of-year nominations; I think that thread on Loe's performance at that all-star game may qualify as one of the lamest and most inane threads in billikens.com history; at the very least, it must be among the most idiotic of the year.

I actually watched a few minutes of that game (!), and other than being mildly impressed by a few of those guys (the Turk going unfortunately to KY is going to be a very good one); I admit that I learned almost nothing about Rob Loe. I was deeply amazed that so many on here believed they were prepared to make long-term predictions based on that alley game, but then again, maybe I am not a very good observer, or judge of talent like the others.

on a side note: I am on a billikens.com diet: one post a month--how's that working for everyone? does anyone miss me???

hey doc, ever think that the kid might be a little wore out after traveling all the way from New Freaking Zealand???

Oh, I get it, Mr. Cush (1st-poster-guy):

You are constitutionally unable to recognize irony. sorry, let me try to explain:

I was saying NOTHING NEGATIVE about Rob Loe. The exact opposite, in fact.

I was mocking those who were: those who thought they could watch some sorry-ass all-star game, and evaluate his talents. I find that concept idiotic. The concept that anything might be made of that game, I mean. Get it??

Did you actually think I seriously meant that they SHOULD revoke his schollie, based on that silly game? Man, that may even qualify as lamer than the NIKE Hoops summit thread... Just when I thought the bar had been set, too!

You are constitutionally unable to recognize irony. sorry, let me try to explain:

I was mocking those who were: those who thought they could watch some sorry-ass all-star game, and evaluate his talents. I find that concept idiotic. The concept that anything might be made of that game, I mean. Get it??

Did you actually think I seriously meant that they SHOULD revoke his schollie, based on that silly game? Man, that may even qualify as lamer than the NIKE Hoops summit thread... Just when I thought the bar had been set, too!

Sorry if I don't identify you as our generation's answer to Jonathan Swift, but irony is often picked up by the person's tone of voice or non-verbally. Kind of hard to do that via the written word,doc.

Sorry, but this post cannot be accepted, because you have gone over your posting limit.

I stayed out of the Loe-Hoops Summit thread because I only saw him for a few minutes out there, and the Chinese kid and Turkish kid were putting on a show at the time.

I'm not sure when he flew in from New Zealand, but to and from the States, that is one of the weirdest places to travel. You cross the international date line in the air. I left LAX October 2nd and landed in Auckland on October 4th, so October 3rd was the shortest day of my life, a few hours spent in an airplane over the Pacific. On the way back, October 12th was the longest day of my life, going from Queenstown (8 AM) to Christchurch to Auckland to Los Angeles to Cincinnati (5 PM). I'm still wrapping my mind around how I did four flights in two hemispheres in just 9 hours. Being the smart guy I am about using vacation days, I thought since I was getting home at 5 PM Cincinnati time that Columbus Day I'd be able to work Tuesday. Sure enough, I blew through my alarm by over 4 hours.

Point is, if Loe traveled to that game less than a few days before it was actually played, he was messed up.

Point is, if Loe traveled to that game less than a few days before it was actually played, he was messed up.

You were right it was no sense posting there. Mea Culpa... mea culpa... but at least mine were in defense of RL. Others will take any shot they can at the program just to get us riled.