Will KC be starting this time next year??

ARon

Would like to go back to the minute breakdown, i don't think anyone on the team will be over 30mpg next year with the possible exception of KM. I see us subbing quite a bit more and keeping guys fresh. Beginning of the season against some of the cupcakes we will (unfortunately) probably be facing, WR, KM and CE will hopefully not need to play as much, as others will have the opportunity to gain experience and keep our big time scorers fresh for a late season run.

Also, the situation at the 2-guard will be extremely interesting, as we may have more than one person who can play a D1 style 3 (DE, CE, JR?, JS?) limiting the playing time for other guards who had stepped in at the 3 this season. Also remember that an injured FJ contributed nearly 18mpg this season while playing. Despite having neither leaping ability nor lateral quickness, he helped our team. IF he can get healthy, he can give us a mismatch in the backcourt. With so many options for next years lineup, Majerus might need to schedule a meeting with Tony LaRussa.

as much as we all think some sort of full roster rotation with minutes split is the utopia of college basketball the reality is that few coaches will utlize that concept. go check out minutes played on other college teams. you will find that most will have 2-3 players getting 30+ minutes per game and about 8 players total getting the lion's share of the minutes.

it just becomes obvious that by the time conference play rolls around the talent breaks are such that it becomes to difficult to ignore and play all. the best take the minutes. we will as usual (not just rickma, all billiken coaches have done it) play about 8 kids each night.

now who is included in that 8 might change game to game. kids have injuries, players go in and out of the doghouse, some are better matchups some go on hot or cold streaks. but when it comes down to it, the minutes will end up being disbursed the same as this year just the names associated with the minutes might change. but i would bet big that we wont have 10 players with 20 mpg averages.

Would like to go back to the minute breakdown, i don't think anyone on the team will be over 30mpg next year with the possible exception of KM. I see us subbing quite a bit more and keeping guys fresh. Beginning of the season against some of the cupcakes we will (unfortunately) probably be facing, WR, KM and CE will hopefully not need to play as much, as others will have the opportunity to gain experience and keep our big time scorers fresh for a late season run.

Also, the situation at the 2-guard will be extremely interesting, as we may have more than one person who can play a D1 style 3 (DE, CE, JR?, JS?) limiting the playing time for other guards who had stepped in at the 3 this season. Also remember that an injured FJ contributed nearly 18mpg this season while playing. Despite having neither leaping ability nor lateral quickness, he helped our team. IF he can get healthy, he can give us a mismatch in the backcourt. With so many options for next years lineup, Majerus might need to schedule a meeting with Tony LaRussa.

We could have used a healthy FJ last night on Bizzell. I was thinking during the game that we win that game if John Redden is on him. FJ could become that big strong defender who can just physically take a player like Bizzell out of his game.

CS does have more to offer. KC is only better than CS in one area. Dribbling. Next year. With KM MM and JJ we will never need KC to bring the ball up the court. Starting lineup should be. 1= KM 2=MM 3=CE 4=Loe 5= WR. i know i know. Loe is a center. but the fact is he has better handels than WR and can shoot the three. Willie is a Center. think about it and its obvious. Just my opinion.

Loe has better ballhandling skills than Reed? And you know this how?

I have actually been amazed at how well Willie has handled the ball.

He definetly has come along way since last season and throughout this season. I remember last year, the team was hesitant to even feed him the ball, especially Liddell The Third. He still needs to hit those weights this offseason, it will make his game and the team better.