Story on Midwest All-Star Classic

Guest BillikenReport

Guest BillikenReport

Here's a short story I wrote on the Midwest All-Star Classic on Saturday at Harris-Stowe:

http://saintlouis.scout.com/2/957217.html

I have verified with McCall and Evans that they are both playing in this event. The first game of the day, a girls game, will have two SLU signees (Jenna Mueller and Halee Castleman) playing in it as well.

I just got back from watching the All Star game. Billiken fans have a lot to look forward to from these two recruits. Those of you who think DE should redshirt next year are in for a surprise. If the two of them can play defense, they will both contribute. DE was more impressive offensively than was McCall. He has a good handle, really good moves to the basket, and can shoot from three point range. SLU does not have a forward who can do the things he can do even now. After coaching from RM, he is going to be very good. McCall looked as if he could make a move any time he wanted too make one. As usual, there was little if any defense in the game. On defense, DE played as if he did not want to take a chance on getting hurt. I can't blame him for that. KM, JJ, and CR was there to watch. I don't know whether anyone else who saw the game was as impressed as I was, but I talked to a lawyer fan of the Billikens, Schroeder I believe, and he and his wife were impressed.

I just got back from watching the All Star game. Billiken fans have a lot to look forward to from these two recruits. Those of you who think DE should redshirt next year are in for a surprise. If the two of them can play defense, they will both contribute. DE was more impressive offensively than was McCall. He has a good handle, really good moves to the basket, and can shoot from three point range. SLU does not have a forward who can do the things he can do even now. After coaching from RM, he is going to be very good. McCall looked as if he could make a move any time he wanted too make one. As usual, there was little if any defense in the game. On defense, DE played as if he did not want to take a chance on getting hurt. I can't blame him for that. KM, JJ, and CR was there to watch. I don't know whether anyone else who saw the game was as impressed as I was, but I talked to a lawyer fan of the Billikens, Schroeder I believe, and he and his wife were impressed.

I was impressed by some of DE's drives as well. He should definitely be the 3 we don't have. I like the kid. MM is a 1. He played point the whole game. We now have a true KM backup. Shot really well in warm-ups, not as well in the game. Also had some KM-esque to the basket moves. Both showed the ability to D. All-Star games really mean nothing, but I think I'm gonna like these kids in the RM system next fall.

Here's a short story I wrote on the Midwest All-Star Classic on Saturday at Harris-Stowe:

http://saintlouis.scout.com/2/957217.html

I have verified with McCall and Evans that they are both playing in this event. The first game of the day, a girls game, will have two SLU signees (Jenna Mueller and Halee Castleman) playing in it as well.

It is noticible that many men and women's programs thrive, together. i.e. Baylor, Uconn, Stanfor, etc

It will be interesting to see if the halo effect of RM recruiting extends to Shimmy; I also wonder if she has access to the men's staff for x and o

strategy

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

Here's what I wrote on the event: http://saintlouis.scout.com/2/957806.html

I'll put a premium story on my site tomorrow with more info on McCall and Evans and what they thought of the experience.

Report-

Thanks for the write-up. Backhand requests that you leave the women's basketball out of the report next time. A simple "women played the first game" would suffice. thanks.