It was a FANTASTIC win but...

Flashman

I'll take a fan who's there through the THICK AND THE THIN, baby. The GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD. Lawd knows we've had long stretches of the latter.

Like a lot of you junkies...after we got invited to the CBI...some of you declared that the URI loss was "just too much." "I'm packing it in for the summer" some of you said here on billikens.com. No, no, no, that's not how it works. It's all Bills all the time, man. We got invited to a post-season TOURNEY! and some people still were gonna pack it in. I ain't heard such pansy talk since I took a pee in the ladies room.

Since I was a little kid I have been a HUGE Bills fan. I remember crying as Tommie Liddell had the ball stolen from him at the end of regulation or when Marquette hit a dagger three to beat us in OT. I used my allowance money to buy tickets to games in a year when we were 9-21, I asked for a trip to the CUSA tourney for my birthday. I have been to all but two games this year and I go to as many as possible.

But none of that even holds a candle to Donating TWELVE MILLION DOLLARS. Not only did Chaifetz donate the money, but he has shown a general enthusiasm and interest in the team. He is everything we as fans could ask for in a donor and I consider myself lucky that the Bills have such a fan. He has other stuff to deal with, like running a giant corporation and yet he still has made the effort to come to a bunch of games. You may be a big fan, but your post reeks of arrogance and ungratefulness.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in the beginning. No ill feeling towards Chaifetz. No booing or guff. Let's not celebrate those who show up when it's popular.

It wasn't popular when he gave 12 million dollars, that counts for more than going to the game.

Since I was a little kid I have been a HUGE Bills fan. I remember crying as Tommie Liddell had the ball stolen from him at the end of regulation or when Marquette hit a dagger three to beat us in OT. I used my allowance money to buy tickets to games in a year when we were 9-21, I asked for a trip to the CUSA tourney for my birthday. I have been to all but two games this year and I go to as many as possible.

But none of that even holds a candle to Donating TWELVE MILLION DOLLARS. Not only did Chaifetz donate the money, but he has shown a general enthusiasm and interest in the team. He is everything we as fans could ask for in a donor and I consider myself lucky that the Bills have such a fan. He has other stuff to deal with, like running a giant corporation and yet he still has made the effort to come to a bunch of games. You may be a big fan, but your post reeks of arrogance and ungratefulness.

Alright so if I donate loads of money I'll be cheered for and chanted at for merely showing up? So our importance as a fan equals our down payment to the team? I have nothing against the man I just don't think MULTIPLE chants for him are warranted for finally showing up to a CBI game.

Alright so if I donate loads of money I'll be cheered for and chanted at for merely showing up? So our importance as a fan equals our down payment to the team? I have nothing against the man I just don't think MULTIPLE chants for him are warranted for finally showing up to a CBI game.

He came from chicago to a CBI game against Princeton in the middle of the week. This coming from a man who has a giant corporation that he is responsible. Lets say you donated twelve million dollars to Loyola Chicago, took a general interest in the team, flew out to as many games were feasible and cheered your guts out. I certainly think you would be worthy of a chant, standing ovation and more for your contribution and dedication to the program.

This is a man who may be responsible for a bunch of wins over the next few years. He is a large part in the renaissance of Billiken basketball. His contribution is enormous and much more than yours or mine, no matter how hard we cheer.

O.K. When I donate near a billion dollars to the City of St. Louis and SLU later in my lifetime (hey...if Mel Gibson can make a billion, I can make a billion), all y'all better be ready to ..................................

And we will.

O.K. When I donate near a billion dollars to the City of St. Louis and SLU later in my lifetime (hey...if Mel Gibson can make a billion, I can make a billion), all y'all better be ready to ..................................

Will do...but please stop using the woman's restrooms...thanks.

He came from chicago to a CBI game against Princeton in the middle of the week. This coming from a man who has a giant corporation that he is responsible. Lets say you donated twelve million dollars to Loyola Chicago, took a general interest in the team, flew out to as many games were feasible and cheered your guts out. I certainly think you would be worthy of a chant, standing ovation and more for your contribution and dedication to the program.

This is a man who may be responsible for a bunch of wins over the next few years. He is a large part in the renaissance of Billiken basketball. His contribution is enormous and much more than yours or mine, no matter how hard we cheer.

srew that!!! Loyola Chicago's basketball team sucks ass

Let's all give a standing O to Flashman on Wednesday...I think he really, really deserves it. F that Chaifetz fellow, whoever the hell that is.

I know this is very unlike Message Boards but, I change my mind, I'm wrong, I have no place complaining. I understand that if someone like Barrack Obama shows up for ONE game no matter the importance we will cheer that he came. So for someone like Chaifetz to come to a game it is worthy of a couple of cheers. I was just frustrated at the number of people of the first two games and wanted to take it out on someone. Pretty exciting first post.

I know this is very unlike Message Boards but, I change my mind, I'm wrong, I have no place complaining. I understand that if someone like Barrack Obama shows up for ONE game no matter the importance we will cheer that he came. So for someone like Chaifetz to come to a game it is worthy of a couple of cheers. I was just frustrated at the number of people of the first two games and wanted to take it out on someone. Pretty exciting first post.

L.M.F.A.O.

NO you know what. F that. If you are a fan, show up. Come to the games. If you are a CEO you can come to games. F that.

Very commendable for you to admit your mistake.

I'll take a fan who's there through the THICK AND THE THIN, baby. The GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD. Lawd knows we've had long stretches of the latter.

I believe the Doctor donated all that money during a period of "thin" in order to enjoy more "thick" (That sounds wrong). I dont care how many season tickets ive bought. my actions haven't certainly altered the course of this program. I think most programs around the country have a chaifetz. I forgot his name but Marquette certainly has one...and many people i know who attend marquette want to be him. I aspire as well to be dr. chaifetz cause lets be real...thats the closest any of us could be to the program. were certainly not playing in this lifetime.

I believe the Doctor donated all that money during a period of "thin" in order to enjoy more "thick" (That sounds wrong). I dont care how many season tickets ive bought. my actions haven't certainly altered the course of this program. I think most programs around the country have a chaifetz. I forgot his name but Marquette certainly has one...and many people i know who attend marquette want to be him. I aspire as well to be dr. chaifetz cause lets be real...thats the closest any of us could be to the program. were certainly not playing in this lifetime.

Oh come on. The man owed SLU and saw a chance to get his name on a building.

Dumbest post I've ever read. The dude has stuff to do. He gave 12 mill!!!!!! Why must we doubt his allegiance to the school? I try to go to all the games, but I have a test in the morning...I'm sure he has stuff to do. He was prolly tuned into the Rammer just like me. And we should be giving standing O's to Biondi? That's laughable. Did he even know we were playing, or was he just sitting in the Box drinking cocktails, smokin stogies and eatin filet mignon on the Jesuit Credit Card?

As far as giving Willie a high five....As a general rule, when the building is named after you, you can do whatever the hell you want...He could stand up and take a piss on floor and I'd still cheer for him(stage fright or not)

Dumbest post I've ever read. The dude has stuff to do. He gave 12 mill!!!!!! Why must we doubt his allegiance to the school? I try to go to all the games, but I have a test in the morning...I'm sure he has stuff to do. He was prolly tuned into the Rammer just like me. And we should be giving standing O's to Biondi? That's laughable. Did he even know we were playing, or was he just sitting in the Box drinking cocktails, smokin stogies and eatin filet mignon on the Jesuit Credit Card?

As far as giving Willie a high five....As a general rule, when the building is named after you, you can do whatever the hell you want...He could stand up and take a piss on floor and I'd still cheer for him(stage fright or not)

Biondi has "stuff to do" let's chant his name when he shows up.

Biondi has "stuff to do" let's chant his name when he shows up.

This comparison is truly dumb. Biondi lives on the campus of SLU, he works at SLU, he is an ambassador to SLU. Part of his "stuff to do" is to go to the game. Chaifetz has no obligation to give any money to the school, to go to the games, or to support the team, but he does so in spite of all the obstacles.

Quit being an idiot, get off your high horse and realize what a great contribution Chaifetz has made. We might still be in the "thin" if it weren't for him.

This comparison is truly dumb. Biondi lives on the campus of SLU, he works at SLU, he is an ambassador to SLU. Part of his "stuff to do" is to go to the game. Chaifetz has no obligation to give any money to the school, to go to the games, or to support the team, but he does so in spite of all the obstacles.

Quit being an idiot, get off your high horse and realize what a great contribution Chaifetz has made. We might still be in the "thin" if it weren't for him.

I am not positive but I think Rimmerman and Flash are the balding father/son duo that sit in the second row of section 108.