OT: Golf Course Question

I was asked the other day about golf courses in St Louis by someone who will be attending the NCAA games in a couple of weeks. He will be staying downtown and mentioned playing on Saturday at Forest Park. I'm not too familiar with courses, except around Belleville, and was wanting to know if anyone had recommendations of courses that would be good to play. Thanks.

BTW. I did see Indiana State play at Creighton. They didn't look too good and it was one of Creighton's larger winning margins in the Valley. However, they did have some injuries. Kevin McKenna is a highly respected coach here who made the local University of Nebraska Omaha team more respectable a few years ago. So it's a game we should win but should not be taken lightly.

I was asked the other day about golf courses in St Louis by someone who will be attending the NCAA games in a couple of weeks. He will be staying downtown and mentioned playing on Saturday at Forest Park. I'm not too familiar with courses, except around Belleville, and was wanting to know if anyone had recommendations of courses that would be good to play. Thanks.

Skip and I highly recommend Forest Park. We own that course.

Skip and I highly recommend Forest Park. We own that course.

I have seen box and skip play forest park. they certainly get their money's worth.

I would definitely recommend Gateway also. It is much nicer than Forest Park, and probably close to the same price. Quick and easy to get to from downtown as well.

Gateway is beautiful excepting one thing: if it is warm enough, wet enough, and dark toward morning or evening the mosquitos will eat you alive and drive off with your golf cart

Forest Park entrance is off Skinker near Forest Park and first cross light after coming South about one block you can see all the runners on the paths near those two streets; it is always in good shape but the green's grass has not

quite started to grow played there 10 days ago.

Forest Park is quite a bit cheaper than Gateway and wider fairways with lots of bunkers, has 27 holes.

-my experiences at forest park typically last a long time, by that i mean 51/2 to 6 hour rounds, some wonderful holes even if they did screw up the great skinker par 5

-go to gateway before it gets ripped up for the new hwy 70 bridge

-not many more public options close to downtown coming to mind